Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My d.h left us...i'm done

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:30 PM
  • 67 Replies
I am sitting here in the p.I.c.u with our 1month old son. My d.s has been sneezing, congested, wheezing for 3 days. My d.h doesn't like hospitals or doctor so he avoids them at all cost. He feels we should not go in unless we are bleeding, leg falling off, etc. So against my better judgement I did not take my d.s to the doctors right away. I have been monitoring his symptoms, checking his temp, giving him plenty of love and attention. Well today he spiked a fever over 100. I took him to his pediatrician right away. My d.h asked if I needed him to go?

Well my d.h was pissed when we got home. He didn't even ask what the doctor said. Anyways, we ended up at the E.R my baby was admitted to the p.I.c.u. My husband sat in the E.R pissed the ENTIRE time. He asked if I wanted him to miss work tommorow or could he go home? I told him he should use his judgement and he got up and walked out...

Btw we have a 7 year old but she's with ny mil for the night. So what gives? I am tired of him wanting me to made the executive decisions. I am already the bread winner, he only works two days a week for minimum wage. I even went back to work early from maternity leave. I am so frustrated. This has been ongoing for 8 years. Please help
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
He sounds immature.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM
6 moms liked this
How are we suppose to help? Its your decision if your gonna put up with his broke ass for another 8 years or do something about your situation.
A-nony-mous
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM
14 moms liked this

I think you know the answer already and have for a long time, but are scared to put actions to words/feelings and do what needs to be done. 

If he hasn't changed in eight years, he's not going to magically change now, next month or even next year. It's been almost a decade. Accept what and who he is and that he can't  be the kind of husband or father you or the kids need and deserve and move on. It's unfortunate, but no one should treat you like that and it's even dangerous to the children. What if he'd been watching your son? He apparently would never take him to the hospital even if he had a 105 or even 110 degree fever and would basically let your son's brains scramble because he "doesn't like Doctors" (give me a break). 

He's immature, selfish and unable to be a parent. Time to kick him to the curb or move you and the kids out and find someone with more maturity than tadpole.  

MSJAP2010
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM
3 moms liked this
I say it's time for him to kick rocks
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Shut up trick! If you don't have advice take our bitter ass somewhere else

Quoting Anonymous: How are we suppose to help? Its your decision if your gonna put up with his broke ass for another 8 years or do something about your situation.
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I'd say anon here gave the correct advice. Maybe a bit bluntly and without much tact, but pretty right on target.

OP knows what needs to be done. I think she might be looking for some of us to give get another answer though.

Sorry. I agree with the others above. Your husband is bump on a log. Time to move on.

Quoting Anonymous: Shut up trick! If you don't have advice take our bitter ass somewhere else

Quoting Anonymous: How are we suppose to help? Its your decision if your gonna put up with his broke ass for another 8 years or do something about your situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM
nurse1997
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Why did you have another baby with a loser ???? U get what you allow ! Hope that baby feels better;)

MsJoyM
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Nurse1997 you're right, we allow certain things. Trust me I have a undergrad degree in Social Work and its classic battered women syndrome. I am not physically abused but somehow convicted myself I may have contributed. I have tried talking to my d.h and he seems to make me feel like im delusional or over exaggerating. I want to try to make it work. My parents are divorced and my mom has been remarried 3 times. I am by no means looking for sympathy, just needed to vent. My d.h has some good qualities its not all bad, just when it really counts BE THERE!.
amylulu1
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I personally think you will feel empowered once you put him out.  You have been doing it by yourself this long...what do you need him for?  Especially when he doesn't put you or your kids first...It is abuse or at the very least neglect.  The only way that you contribute is by continuing to accept this treatment.

Quoting MsJoyM: Nurse1997 you're right, we allow certain things. Trust me I have a undergrad degree in Social Work and its classic battered women syndrome. I am not physically abused but somehow convicted myself I may have contributed. I have tried talking to my d.h and he seems to make me feel like im delusional or over exaggerating. I want to try to make it work. My parents are divorced and my mom has been remarried 3 times. I am by no means looking for sympathy, just needed to vent. My d.h has some good qualities its not all bad, just when it really counts BE THERE!.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)