Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Marriage and parenting problems

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is there anyone else out there with this issue?  I have a son with ADHD & Autism with anxiety/behavior issues.  It is constantly a struggle dealing with him.  My husband works a lot and when he is home he never helps me out at all with the kids.  I do everything.  I tried to work but it was too hard with all my son's dr appt.  My husband shows me and my kids no time or affection.  Any advice would be great.

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:33 PM

leave if he not worried about you or your kids

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:58 PM

So... why are you still with him? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:21 PM
If he isnt going to help with yalls children. Then he doesnt deserve them. Have you talked to him about how you feel. Im sorry your going.through this. Ive been in your shoes and it sucks. My daughter doesnt have any medical issues though. Hugs for.you momma.
katarina666
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him to either shape up or you will trade him for a new and improved model!

Smil3yfac3
by New Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I was in a similar situation with ex-DH when our daughter was born, thankfully she's a healthy child. You need to talk to him about how you feel and if he still doesn't give any time or affection to you and the kids, it's time for you to leave him. You deserve better. I hope you have some family who can help you out though because otherwise it's tough but you still can do it. HUGS

MamiJaAyla
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM
he may not really know how to help n feels frustrated. he may also feel shut out. im pretty sure it took 2 to get to this point.
u nesd to reconnexct as a couple as adults so try to ask him out for a date. no kids no sress just some alone ti.e for the two of ypu.
he may not be there time wise but u also said he was working n the sole financial supporter of the hpusr,thats pretty intwnse burden too.
go on a date. dont talk abot kid probs bills honey do lists just RECONNECT.
one step at a time
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)