Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

WHY do some people have an issue with "race mixing"

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 50 Replies
I've seen people say that interracial couples are ending the white race etc.

That's so stupid. Just like people saying gay people are going to put an end to our population.

Not everyone is gay! There are tones of people still reproducing! Just like there are tones of white or black couples with full white or full black children.

Race mixing will not end a race. Anyone that thinks that is SO ignorant!

I'll never understand why others care about what someone with no relation to them is doing!

You'd think the Bible said interracial relationships were wrong..
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:24 PM
People are ignorant. If someone does something that they thing is wrong they give you stupid looks or talk behind your back. I had that happen to me. My husband is black im white and we have a beautiful mixed baby. We drive through town and wanted to get lunch( kind of ended up in popeyes) all employees are black and i just got looked bad. They even gave me less food. Even my husband thought it's stupid. Oh well not going there anymore...
Crazylife1994
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

People are stupid period.

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've heard that most black people in America have white in them. It didn't end their race.
psych_mom
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Because people choose to listen to old ignorant beliefs instead of using common sense and thinking for themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
We have gotten so much negativity from both races depending on where we are I'm white hubs is native american and have the most beautiful children i just figure they can suck an egg
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Ugh, that is so stupid lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I get a lot of negativity also. Im black and my husband is italian. Im so glad I don't let it get to me anymore because it was very stressful.

My family hates my husband because he isn't black and for that reason I don't deal with them. Its been 13 years and im fine the way things are.

Quoting Anonymous: We have gotten so much negativity from both races depending on where we are I'm white hubs is native american and have the most beautiful children i just figure they can suck an egg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 28, 2014 at 12:10 AM
I'm lucky on that score cause i swear my family prefers my hubs over me most of the time lol there are a few of his relatives that don't like me because I'm not native but over the years I've managed to completely erase them from my memories so they don't affect me anymore

Quoting godsgirl26: I get a lot of negativity also. Im black and my husband is italian. Im so glad I don't let it get to me anymore because it was very stressful.

My family hates my husband because he isn't black and for that reason I don't deal with them. Its been 13 years and im fine the way things are.

Quoting Anonymous: We have gotten so much negativity from both races depending on where we are I'm white hubs is native american and have the most beautiful children i just figure they can suck an egg
thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Technically it's true.

That being said it doesn't mean it's a bad thing.
Lordgodempress
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 4:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Since there is no "white race" in America anymore, its a non issue.  Whites and Blacks have been mixed up so much with other races, neither one is a pure race nor should it matter if they are.   Unfortunately, there is a lot of ignorance out there.  I am ashamed to admit, people in my father's family (the ones I am talking about are dead now) were extremely racist and did some pretty heinous things.  My cousin recently looked into our ancestry and found that we are a mix of pretty much every race out, in fact we are predominatly African and Native American with a little european mixed in for color.   I would love to dig those people up and tell them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN