Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

i lived here for 2 months and my electric bill...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

is 800 bucks! but im not the only one complaining, everyone in my entire state is complaining. Our electric bills went up over 40 percent... The reason being is bc the electric company had to temp switch suppliers who charged twice as much. I have gas and electric, the only electric ran stuff in my house are my lights and washer and dryer.  My water, Stove/oven, and heat are all natural gas. they were both about 400 a peice. Some of it is explainable and some of it isnt.  I just got started a new job today after being unemployed for ever and my husband works full time we cant pull 800 bucks out of our ass. this is ridiculous how do they expect people to survive.? 

the worst part about all this? I always made sure the lights were always off, and the heat was off after we hit 40 degrees outside. (we have alot of sun in here so that helps)  I was so careful! I want to cry !

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadedcynic
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM

That sucks. That happened to me here in Phoenix one year. Hot summer heat and ran the air conditioner. Luckily the electric company had a plan that let me pay down that high bill while keeping my electric on. It took almost 2 years to finally pay it off because each payment I made 25% went to the old balance and the rest to the new electric.                 

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I'm so sorry that hurts. Someday we will all have solar, wind and water energy and the big companies will be blue to kiss our asses. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM

yeah they have that here to, they have a payment plan I can go on, extension and a deferment!  So happy about that!  It was bc the winter here in NY was so bad but according to the electric company the bills should be lower this summer!

Quoting jadedcynic:

That sucks. That happened to me here in Phoenix one year. Hot summer heat and ran the air conditioner. Luckily the electric company had a plan that let me pay down that high bill while keeping my electric on. It took almost 2 years to finally pay it off because each payment I made 25% went to the old balance and the rest to the new electric.                 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

omg ifi  had the money i tell ya! I really really would love to have solar!

Quoting VinVanMom:

I'm so sorry that hurts. Someday we will all have solar, wind and water energy and the big companies will be blue to kiss our asses. 

katemckenzie
by Banana Hands on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Wow, that's insane!

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Electric dryers use a lot of power, can you line dry in the summer?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:23 PM

my bill has never been over maybe 200 dollars a month. and this is coming from an apartment that I lived in that was so badly taken care of my the landlord, there were drafts everywhere and no insulation. The place i am in now is way better, im so glad im not there the bill would have been like 2000 

Quoting katemckenzie:

Wow, that's insane!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:24 PM

i didnt even have the dryer during that billing period lol! thats the sad part! yeah we are going to see about installing a line in the backyard

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Electric dryers use a lot of power, can you line dry in the summer?

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Damn.

Lol remove light bulbs.. have flash lights! I got nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

i didnt even have the dryer during that billing period lol! thats the sad part! yeah we are going to see about installing a line in the backyard

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Electric dryers use a lot of power, can you line dry in the summer?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

That sucks.  We had something similar happen to us.  We had a huge storm and almost the entire town was without power for weeks and yet my bill was exactly the same amount despite the fact that for 2 WEEKS there was no power whatsoever going to the house at all.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)