Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

New momma stressed out

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have an eight month old, and I just became a stay at home mom two months ago. My husband just started a new job with the railroad. We moved from my hometown to his. So I haven't met any new friends and only talk to a few of his family members. Being a stay at home mom is so hard sometimes. I didn't realize what a toll it can take on you emotionally. With Eric being away for training it's been even harder. I feel like a single mom, something I was never prepared for. And I feel like I can't even say that because I feel like the amazing single moms out there role their eyes at me. I get it. It's hard. I'm just so stressed I feel like I have no help at all. Even when eric is home he just wants to relax before he gets called out again. So I'm left with almost everything. His truck is on it's death bed so we only have one car. We haven't got to the fun part of the job where he's making enough money, so things are tight. And he has to leave for 3 weeks of training. I just want to cry. I don't know how else to deal.
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
richjess82
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hang in there momma, things will look up.  We always have to go through the hard crap to truly appreciate the good stuff.  Even though some women on here can be "not so nice", there are plenty of good ones to talk to if you need it:)  ((hugs))

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Time to pack up baby every other day and explore your new home via public transportation or walking.

Join MeetUp.com for new mother groups.

Take up a new hobby. Painting, gardening, photography.

Connect with old friends via Skype.

Learn a new language.

Take baby to the park to meet other moms.

Check out the post on the net, 100 things to do on a money free weekend. See how many you can do while your hubs is gone.

Get Netflix and binge watch some shows you have missed out on while baby sleeps.

I could go on and on. Sorry never had this problem because I was an only child so I always know how to entertain myself. And I'm usually broke so I have to do it for free.

Definitely find some new mommy groups to join.

Yell if you need more ideas to entertain yourself.

Good luck!
Lovemybaby551
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Girl, i feel ya. I quit my job when I had my baby becuase we werent making enough money to afford day care. My husband is military and gone twelve hours a day, he's an e4 So money's tight as well. Just hang in there, it gets easier. Make sure you make a little bit of time for yourself. When my husband gets home i either take a bath or go for a twenty minute walk. Make sure and make alone time for you and your husband too :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:18 AM

It doesn't matter if your a single mom or have a significant other living with you.Being a mom is hard work. My husband has worked nights for nearly 7 yrs. We hardley every see him but there is nothing else in this little town that pays as good. I have a 6 yr old and a 19 month old so it gets rough with no help most of the time, no one to talk too. I had to quit my job nearly 17 months ago after working for 11 yrs. All my friends work so I don't get to see them much. I feel ya. Just hang in there. Maybe start a hobby? I make hairbows and sell them on our towns facebook buy/sell/trade group. I hope it gets better for you

girlnamededdy
by New Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Thank you all. This really did help me. Trying to stay positive about things!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)