Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My neighbor makes me want to move far far away!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:37 AM
  • 13 Replies
I have to vent about my neighbor before it drives me nuts! She is constantly asking me to watch her son and is constantly asking my husband to do things for her that she needs ti figure out how to do herself! I understand being a single mom is hard, but my mom raisee four of us by herself and never once left us at a babysitters to go "hiking and find herself" like seruously. She doesn't work, and she doesnt offer to pay me for it. Her kid also eats all of my food when he comes down. Tonight she wanted me to watch him at ten thrity so she can give her freind a ride and she didnt want to wake him up so she wanted me to wake MY son up and go to her house. And now shes mad at me because i told her no, my son is teething and i am exhausted and wanted to go to bed. Oh well, some people you just cant make happy. Rant over :)
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats a good way to start. Keep her mad at you.lol. It will help keep her away. Just tell her I don't have time, i got my own family

Lovemybaby551
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh im going to keep her mad at me this time. Shes gotten mad at me before but then makes nice and continues to ask for things. It is hard to ignore her when she lives in the apartment above me, i run into her all the time
NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Id say, "sure we cand o sme trading to help each other out."  Come up with a list of all the things you could use her help on.  When she wants help just say something like, "Yeah how about if my husband helps you with ______on Saturday, you can come over on sunday and help me __________."  If she says no just tell her, sorry hubs cant help you because he needs to help me with the thing you cant help me with.  Suggest she call a friend who has more free time, or maybe a relative.  Just be firm and she will stop asking.  If its an emergency she will be willing to pay, and insist she pays up front or you wont do it.  "hey if you are really stuck for $20 cash I will watch your kid for 4 hours.  Pay up front."   Well worth the price if you really are having an emergency.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Tell your neighbor that before she asks for free babysitting service she should bring you some Orajel for your son and a bottle of wine so you can have a nice nap!!

maureen813
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Tell her to go take a hike!
nurse1997
by on May. 1, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Good for u.... She's not your problem! 

cheetah90210
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats why my neighbors only get hi and bye im not tryna be your friend in no way shape or form.
ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I'm glad you thought to tell her "No."  So many members complain about this, but then keep refusing to say NO.

orchardmoma
by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say anything to her and cross your fingers that she stays mad for a long time. The next time she asks say no again and she will get the hint. Also have your Dh say no, and have him hand her the number to a local handyman in your area. This neighbor is taking advantage of you both

orchardmoma
by on May. 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Good ideas!!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Id say, "sure we cand o sme trading to help each other out."  Come up with a list of all the things you could use her help on.  When she wants help just say something like, "Yeah how about if my husband helps you with ______on Saturday, you can come over on sunday and help me __________."  If she says no just tell her, sorry hubs cant help you because he needs to help me with the thing you cant help me with.  Suggest she call a friend who has more free time, or maybe a relative.  Just be firm and she will stop asking.  If its an emergency she will be willing to pay, and insist she pays up front or you wont do it.  "hey if you are really stuck for $20 cash I will watch your kid for 4 hours.  Pay up front."   Well worth the price if you really are having an emergency.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)