Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

WHY cant he understand! *ETA* *Update*

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM
  • 28 Replies

My son's 2nd birthday is coming up fast. He hasnt planned anything! He just keeps telling me he only wants to take our son to the Balt Aquarium. Well thats fine and dandy but what about other people? They dont have the money to buy the tickets and we dont have the money to purchase everyones tickets. He is being so damn pig headed. I actually want my family to attend & our friends to attend, something I never had growing up.

ETA:

Thank you to the mom that brought this up. My wording totally sucks. My husband wants the party to be at the aquarium itself. I just spoke with him through text and he DOES want family & friends to attend the party. I have suggested that we can do the aquarium (me him our son & newborn) that morning and do the party in the afternoon. He is pretty much dead set on having it at the aquarium so all the kids can see the fish.

Update:

Okay so after giving him all the prices and the approx guest list, gas and food (outside of the aqu & inside) he has FINALLY agreed to do the aquarium either the morning of or different day than the party. Thank goodness! Now he just has to think of the rest.... its in 2 months... I really hope he plans or else I'll be on again the day before my sons party witching lol

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomMomMomMama
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Were you disappointed on your second birthday when you didn't have a party?  ;-)   So let him take him to the aquarium and then plan a party for your family for later in the day...is he the only one allowed to plan?  Have people over, serve drinks and finger foods and cake, socialize, and send them home - it isn't expensive.  What makes you think you can't take him to the aquarium AND have a party - doesn't mean you have to have a party at the aquarium...

nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Go to the aquarium on his birthday and have a party the weekend before or after his b-day.
JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:29 PM

He wants to have it at the aquarium. I would like to do the aquarium either that morning or another day and have the party at the house where we can just let the kids run and play out back or at the park across the street. I planned the first party he plans the 2nd

Quoting MomMomMomMama:

Were you disappointed on your second birthday when you didn't have a party?  ;-)   So let him take him to the aquarium and then plan a party for your family for later in the day...is he the only one allowed to plan?  Have people over, serve drinks and finger foods and cake, socialize, and send them home - it isn't expensive.  What makes you think you can't take him to the aquarium AND have a party - doesn't mean you have to have a party at the aquarium...

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM

thats what i want to do but he wants it at the aquarium. I suggested doing the aquarium that morning then the party in the afternoon or doing them seperate days

Quoting nanny1918: Go to the aquarium on his birthday and have a party the weekend before or after his b-day.

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Id either talk to the aquarium about discounts for a large group or explain thats more of a family day less of a party day.
IMHO the host should provide food, ect and that can add up fast at a place like thatm
jamelame
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM

What does he say when you tell him if he has the party at the aquarium no-one will come because they won't be able to afford tickets?

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Yep. I told him genrally when you say okay X's party is here YOU are paying for them to go along. He thinks everyone should "pay their own way". I married my father in a younger form lol

Quoting lilmama8408: Id either talk to the aquarium about discounts for a large group or explain thats more of a family day less of a party day. IMHO the host should provide food, ect and that can add up fast at a place like thatm

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:34 PM

He gets all pissy saying they have money they just dont want to use it for that. He means mostly my family. Which is kinda true but that is beside the point.

Quoting jamelame:

What does he say when you tell him if he has the party at the aquarium no-one will come because they won't be able to afford tickets?

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I find is extremely tacky to invite ppl to a place like that and not pay. You dont know their budget. Some ppl need weeks or months to be able to save for tickets, food, travel, ect.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Yep. I told him genrally when you say okay X's party is here YOU are paying for them to go along. He thinks everyone should "pay their own way". I married my father in a younger form lol

Quoting lilmama8408: Id either talk to the aquarium about discounts for a large group or explain thats more of a family day less of a party day.
IMHO the host should provide food, ect and that can add up fast at a place like thatm

nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:38 PM
LOL men, sit down and right out your invite list and figure how much it will cost you to pay per head for the party he wants.
Then say to him, the party you want us x amount of dollars and see if he changed his mind.
A party at the aquarium is a great idea but probably unrealistic.
Good luck

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

thats what i want to do but he wants it at the aquarium. I suggested doing the aquarium that morning then the party in the afternoon or doing them seperate days

Quoting nanny1918: Go to the aquarium on his birthday and have a party the weekend before or after his b-day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN