Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

So conflicted..to go or not to go

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

I'm throwing my SIL  her baby shower Friday.the problem is I came down with a nasty cold I'm worried about giving it to her.she is due in 2 weeks and us already high risk I don't want to pass my cold on to her.i have all the shower stuff I was thinking of having my husband just go to her house in the morning and set everything up.get her house all ready like I planed to do.and then my other SIL said she would take over and make sure everything goes smooth.im very conflicted I know my pregnant SIL wouldn't be upset or anything I just don't know what I should do..would you still go or stay home?

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrsmoonbeam
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:10 AM
I would stay home so I wouldnt give it to her
Anonymously3
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I just feel awful but she was just in the hospital for a week with a kidney infection and other kind of health problems.ugh I haven't been sick in a few years and of course I get sick now

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: I would stay home so I wouldnt give it to her

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I would play it by ear.  If you can get the coughing and sneezing under control with meds and make sure you keep washing your hands you should be fine by friday.  

mrsmoonbeam
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM
My dad has eymphsema so I understand that thats the unspoken rule here if your sick or if your kids are sick then please wait and come over later so far its worked out he has only been in the hospital once so far it stinks sometimes but sometimes you have to make that desion that its better to stay at home then to risk making the person sick

Quoting Anonymously3:

I just feel awful but she was just in the hospital for a week with a kidney infection and other kind of health problems.ugh I haven't been sick in a few years and of course I get sick now

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: I would stay home so I wouldnt give it to her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)