Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Is it male PMS?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

My dh is a delivery driver for a pharmacy and he makes his runs at night. They have to provide their own vehicle, which really sucks but its a great paying job. I bought a van back in February and told him he was not running the route in the van, meaning it as a joke but not really. For the past month he has been using my van. I just had the oil changed at the beginning of April and it is already saying it is time for another one. So I have been riding him to take his car, a Neon that is in a bit of rough shape. His argument is that his Neon does not have cruise control and my van does.

So I have been letting him use it even though I really DO NOT want him to. Well we were arguing tonight and I told him that I was leaving in the van and would not be back until he was gone for work, not meaning a word of it but letting him know I was getting fed up. He calmed down and kept saying something about taking the car and I kept telling him be nice to me and you can take the van. I had went out earlier and forgot to roll the windows up so of course it rains. He threw a fit like I did it on purpose.

So tonight he takes the car and says that he has been unable to reach 60 mph on the interstate, the speed limit is 70, and I need to be standing by to come get him. He comes right by the house and I told him, again,  just come get the van. He starts yelling at me and tells me from now on if I don't want him taking the van all I have to do is pour water in the seat. WTF???? Like I let it rain in my van on purpose?????

Any how this has been a major bitch week for him. I don't know why. He is yelling at me, the kids, and even the animals. This behavior is not typical. Usually he is a happy go lucky kind of guy, I am the crazy end of the world life is ruined screamer lol. I don't know. His birthday is coming up and I don't know if that matters, he will be 46. All I know is I did not sign up for this shit and I may need to staple his mouth shut!!! What do you ladies think? Could it be male PMS?

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
All men get it just like us women ... Probly so .. He could just be wore out ,stressed ? idk ....
Well good luck and just crack the whip a little harder he might snap out of it .. ;)
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Yeah, or stress.  Is something at work causing more than the usual amount of stress?

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM

idk... i feel like just from reading this post its like you're the one with PMS. in general you dont want him to take your van but every other day (or every other mood) you tell him that he can. your mood on the subject is bipolar. no wonder why hes irritated

laura-l-hutton
by on May. 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I don't know. He is now working six days instead of five, he picked up a route because my position got terminated. It could be but I am being drove nuts by his hateful stuff. I can't let him fight with the kids and I don't want either of them to be disrespected by the other. Just waiting on it to pass or for him to talk to me.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yeah, or stress.  Is something at work causing more than the usual amount of stress?

laura-l-hutton
by on May. 1, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Aren't you sweet? Any how it wasn't every other day, it was one time. He screams and rants and raves about EVERYTHING and I won't just lay down and take it. Does that make me the bad guy?

Quoting little.worthen:

idk... i feel like just from reading this post its like you're the one with PMS. in general you dont want him to take your van but every other day (or every other mood) you tell him that he can. your mood on the subject is bipolar. no wonder why hes irritated

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM

i wasnt trying to be mean, i was just trying to give you a reason why his is frustrated with you. in your post you said, in the beginning you told him not to use the van for deliveries "as a joke but not really" <--not sure what "as a joke but not really" means but okay..

then you said for an entire month you let him use the van for deliveries. then you were upset about the mileage he was putting on it and having to change the oil so often, so you said not to take the van.

then he got mad and said he "needed" cruise control and so you let him continue to use the van..

then for some reason you got in an argument with him and told him once again that he couldnt take the van and you threatened him that you were going to take it and not come back.. blah blah *which is totally childish and stupid* and then said "if you're nice to me you can use the van"

at this point i can see him sitting there thinking that you can shove your van up your ass because you keep changing your mind for stupid reasons and cant just make a final decision and stick with it (as you can see from the fact that just in this post you personally mentioned 4-5 times that you changed your mind and that is only what you wrote here, you probably said it a lot more in real life...)

the fact that every time you say no he bitches at you until you cave isnt cool, but if you just made up your mind and stuck with it, eventually he would stop whining and get over it..

Quoting laura-l-hutton:

Aren't you sweet? Any how it wasn't every other day, it was one time. He screams and rants and raves about EVERYTHING and I won't just lay down and take it. Does that make me the bad guy?

Quoting little.worthen:

- Tessie 

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2014 at 3:57 PM

My  ex  got  like that  when  he was cheating.    He  would  fall  for some cheap  trick   and start  thinking  how  bad  his life was   and  how  sad it  was  that  he  couldn't  just  date  whoever...  then  when  she dumped  him  he was  back to   his old  self.   smh

laura-l-hutton
by on May. 1, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Ok I get where you are coming from but that isn't really the issue. He was being a bitch so I told him I was leaving and going to my parents for the evening. When he asked when I would be back I told him that I would when he was gone. More of a stfu kind of thing because he was driving me nuts. I tried talking to him I tried telling him he was getting all worked up over nothing but then damn he wouldn't shut up and instead of arguing with him I told him I was leaving. I don't do well with confrontation. Anger issues or whatever you want to call it we have had some nasty little knock down drag outs in our 10 years. But things have been great for years now. This is new. This is something that he hasn't done this bad before ever. I don't know maybe at 46 it is male menopause? I know I am snarky bitchy person and I try to contain it, so very hard, but he was unrelenting and bitchy and whining about EVERYTHING. I just wish he would talk instead of whine. But he is such a cliché of a man.

Quoting little.worthen:

i wasnt trying to be mean, i was just trying to give you a reason why his is frustrated with you. in your post you said, in the beginning you told him not to use the van for deliveries "as a joke but not really" <--not sure what "as a joke but not really" means but okay..

then you said for an entire month you let him use the van for deliveries. then you were upset about the mileage he was putting on it and having to change the oil so often, so you said not to take the van.

then he got mad and said he "needed" cruise control and so you let him continue to use the van..

then for some reason you got in an argument with him and told him once again that he couldnt take the van and you threatened him that you were going to take it and not come back.. blah blah *which is totally childish and stupid* and then said "if you're nice to me you can use the van"

at this point i can see him sitting there thinking that you can shove your van up your ass because you keep changing your mind for stupid reasons and cant just make a final decision and stick with it (as you can see from the fact that just in this post you personally mentioned 4-5 times that you changed your mind and that is only what you wrote here, you probably said it a lot more in real life...)

the fact that every time you say no he bitches at you until you cave isnt cool, but if you just made up your mind and stuck with it, eventually he would stop whining and get over it..

Quoting laura-l-hutton:

Quoting little.worthen:

laura-l-hutton
by on May. 1, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I am sorry you went through that. Men suck hard most of the time

Quoting Bonnie_:

My  ex  got  like that  when  he was cheating.    He  would  fall  for some cheap  trick   and start  thinking  how  bad  his life was   and  how  sad it  was  that  he  couldn't  just  date  whoever...  then  when  she dumped  him  he was  back to   his old  self.   smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 1, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN