Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My daughter ran to my Mom after she hurt herself :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
It broke my heart.

My DH and I were sitting on the ground in the living room and my Mom was in the next room. We all heard a big bang and I jumped up and my Mother ran in the room. My DD ran to her. She wanted me once I moved towards them. She didn't seriously hurt herself and that's all I was worried about at the moment. Then, my brother said "I didn't even see what happened, I just heard a bang and seen her run right to Nana. You'd think she'd run to you."...

Feelings = hurt :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Not bashing, I genuinely want to know... What are you looking for with this post?

Will sympathy from strangers on the Internet make you feel better?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Just wanted to see if someone would give me a good reason as to why she ran to her grandma instead of me?

Quoting Anonymous: Not bashing, I genuinely want to know... What are you looking for with this post?

Will sympathy from strangers on the Internet make you feel better?
teaandcookies
by Katherine on May. 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this

beacuse she has a good relationship with her grandma!!!!!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 3, 2014 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Grandma got there first. My kids would do the same thing. They run to who ever is closest to run to. No big deal. Doesnt mean she needs her grandma for more comfortable than she does you, it just means she was upset and saw grandma first. Like you said as soon as she saw you she came running to you.

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Well if your  mom  went  in the room first  it's  only  natural  she would  run to  her  for comfort.  She  just  went to the first safe  person  she saw.  Your brother is a jackass for saying  that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
You made me feel a lot better! Thank you! I sometimes get jealous to be honest. Grandma is staying with us and sometimes I feel like she prefers her over me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Grandma got there first. My kids would do the same thing. They run to who ever is closest to run to. No big deal. Doesnt mean she needs her grandma for more comfortable than she does you, it just means she was upset and saw grandma first. Like you said as soon as she saw you she came running to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 1:44 AM
Good point! Thank you!

Quoting Bonnie_:

Well if your  mom  went  in the room first  it's  only  natural  she would  run to  her  for comfort.  She  just  went to the first safe  person  she saw.  Your brother is a jackass for saying  that.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Don't fret.  She probably ran to Nana because she already knows exactly how you react.  Kids like to see who will give the most for the least amount of effort...LOL

It's like my boys.  They'll run to me because they know I'll give them a hug and kiss.  They could get injured mere inches away from DH, but run through the house for a hug and kiss!  If they run to DH first, we assume they're actually HURT hurt.  Because DH normally checks quickly then tells them to walk it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 3, 2014 at 1:50 AM
She ran to nana because nana will probably drag on the attention. My ds always does this. He is almost9 and knows of he comes to me crying he better have a reason. He can get a hug without fake tears 24/7. But if he cries with nana he will get "babied"
Jambo4
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Grandma is "the flavor of the month" right now.  I'd not worry about it.

Quoting Anonymous: You made me feel a lot better! Thank you! I sometimes get jealous to be honest. Grandma is staying with us and sometimes I feel like she prefers her over me.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)