Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My daughter ran to my Mom after she hurt herself :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It broke my heart.

My DH and I were sitting on the ground in the living room and my Mom was in the next room. We all heard a big bang and I jumped up and my Mother ran in the room. My DD ran to her. She wanted me once I moved towards them. She didn't seriously hurt herself and that's all I was worried about at the moment. Then, my brother said "I didn't even see what happened, I just heard a bang and seen her run right to Nana. You'd think she'd run to you."...

Feelings = hurt :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-19):
thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM
My kiddo did that once. We have been in a kidnapping/custody dispute for seven years. She booped her head on a playground thing and was hysterical screaming for grandma (the one that kidnaps her)

Turns out every time she got hurt grandma gave her candy "to feel better" usually a hershey kiss "to kiss the booboo better"

It happens.

Barring anything like that, it's because she feels as safe with grandma as you. It's not because you are less of a mom or she likes her better.

She was right there and wanted instant comfort.

Quoting Anonymous: Just wanted to see if someone would give me a good reason as to why she ran to her grandma instead of me?

Quoting Anonymous: Not bashing, I genuinely want to know... What are you looking for with this post?

Will sympathy from strangers on the Internet make you feel better?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 3, 2014 at 7:22 AM
She seen Nana first . think about it she came to you tight when you got near her so she went to the first person that could console her in her time of need. Its okay it does not mean she loves her more. It just means she trust her also .don't beat yourself up over this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Does Nana take care of her often?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
No. I stay at home with them. The longest she's ever watched her was during my labor and one day hospital stay with DD2.

Quoting Anonymous: Does Nana take care of her often?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Good point! Thank you!!

Quoting Anonymous: She seen Nana first . think about it she came to you tight when you got near her so she went to the first person that could console her in her time of need. Its okay it does not mean she loves her more. It just means she trust her also .don't beat yourself up over this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM
She kipnapped your daughter?!?! How terrifying.. I couldn't imagine.

You make great points though! Thank you!!

Quoting thefiregoddess: My kiddo did that once. We have been in a kidnapping/custody dispute for seven years. She booped her head on a playground thing and was hysterical screaming for grandma (the one that kidnaps her)

Turns out every time she got hurt grandma gave her candy "to feel better" usually a hershey kiss "to kiss the booboo better"

It happens.

Barring anything like that, it's because she feels as safe with grandma as you. It's not because you are less of a mom or she likes her better.

She was right there and wanted instant comfort.

Quoting Anonymous: Just wanted to see if someone would give me a good reason as to why she ran to her grandma instead of me?

Quoting Anonymous: Not bashing, I genuinely want to know... What are you looking for with this post?

Will sympathy from strangers on the Internet make you feel better?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM
You're so right!!

Quoting Anonymous: She ran to nana because nana will probably drag on the attention. My ds always does this. He is almost9 and knows of he comes to me crying he better have a reason. He can get a hug without fake tears 24/7. But if he cries with nana he will get "babied"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 3, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Good way to look at it :P

Thank you!!

Quoting Jambo4:

Grandma is "the flavor of the month" right now.  I'd not worry about it.

Quoting Anonymous: You made me feel a lot better! Thank you! I sometimes get jealous to be honest. Grandma is staying with us and sometimes I feel like she prefers her over me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Grandma got there first. My kids would do the same thing. They run to who ever is closest to run to. No big deal. Doesnt mean she needs her grandma for more comfortable than she does you, it just means she was upset and saw grandma first. Like you said as soon as she saw you she came running to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 3, 2014 at 3:04 PM
It really does not mean that she prefers or loves you less, she just saw her grandmother first. Also, there Is something incredibly reassuring about a grandmother's hug, it is hard to describe but my grandmother lived with us and took care of my brother and I and she could make us feel better very quickly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)