Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Don't touch my kid..

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM
  • 302 Replies
6 moms liked this
How do you mother handle another person touching your child. I have a HUGE issue with strangers touching her! If I ask you stop not once, but three times to not touch my child that gives me the right to flip?! Correct?! Happened tonight, at my parents. They have a couple they are fiends who I don't really know, but just looking at them I'm not a fan..the girlfriend/wife would not leave my child alone. Constantly hovering over her, touching her area, trying to pick her up. Um when she says no she means it, when I try to intervene and you push me out of the way that gives me just cause to flip! Well I got scolded by my parents..in front of these people..and I'm 31..um really? So I said well last time I checked neither one of pushed her out of your vagina..and we left. Am I wrong?
by on May. 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM
50 moms liked this
It sounds like you handled yourself poorly and embarrassed your parents. If your child was in danger or being abused you should have left but i assume she wasn't since everyone was watching. Adults don't flip out or have bad attitudes with friends of their friends and family when they don't even know them.
Adults don't flip out. They leave.
IWantOneMorePlz
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
15 moms liked this

If I don't want someone touching my kid and am being ignored, I will raise my voice and tell you to "Stop touching her and get away from her NOW!"  I will not be embarrassed-the one touching my kid will be.

spunknsass
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM
28 moms liked this

It sounds like the child didn't want to be touched or held by that woman, and she wasn't leaving her alone. That woman was in the wrong, when a child doesn't want to be touched you don't touch them or they learn that they aren't the master of their bodies and anyone can touch them. No means no, mom had every right to stand up for her child.

Quoting NDADanceMom: It sounds like you handled yourself poorly and embarrassed your parents. If your child was in danger or being abused you should have left but i assume she wasn't since everyone was watching. Adults don't flip out or have bad attitudes with friends of their friends and family when they don't even know them. Adults don't flip out. They leave.

NDADanceMom
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:11 PM
13 moms liked this
Yes by excusing yourself. There is no need to act a fool.

Quoting spunknsass:

It sounds like the child didn't want to be touched or held by that woman, and she wasn't leaving her alone. That woman was in the wrong, when a child doesn't want to be touched you don't touch them or they learn that they aren't the master of their bodies and anyone can touch them. No means no, mom had every right to stand up for her child.

Quoting NDADanceMom: It sounds like you handled yourself poorly and embarrassed your parents. If your child was in danger or being abused you should have left but i assume she wasn't since everyone was watching. Adults don't flip out or have bad attitudes with friends of their friends and family when they don't even know them.

spunknsass
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM
5 moms liked this

SHe did try to take her child and leave, the woman pushed her away.

Quoting NDADanceMom: Yes by excusing yourself. There is no need to act a fool.
Quoting spunknsass:

Quoting NDADanceMom: It sounds like you handled yourself poorly and embarrassed your parents. If your child was in danger or being abused you should have left but i assume she wasn't since everyone was watching. Adults don't flip out or have bad attitudes with friends of their friends and family when they don't even know them. Adults don't flip out. They leave.

NDADanceMom
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
She didn't say that.
I mean you lift your child up and go home.

Quoting spunknsass:

Quoting spunknsass:

Quoting NDADanceMom: It sounds like you handled yourself poorly and embarrassed your parents. If your child was in danger or being abused you should have left but i assume she wasn't since everyone was watching. Adults don't flip out or have bad attitudes with friends of their friends and family when they don't even know them.

mommy2adandykid
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM
8 moms liked this

hmm sounds like you were the trash that was all over her dd.  pathetic. 

op, you behaved much better than i would have lol 

spunknsass
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Direct quote from her post:

Um when she says no she means it, when I try to intervene and you push me out of the way that gives me just cause to flip! 

Quoting NDADanceMom: She didn't say that. I mean you lift your child up and go home.
Quoting spunknsass:

Quoting spunknsass:

jlldas
by New Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM
7 moms liked this
To those that agree thanks, to those that don't we are all entitled to opinions, but when your child is in distress and the person keeps at it you act out, sorry. And just let everyone know I actually received an apology phone call from my mother. I guess I'm just different and don't trust people the way some do, and when it comes to my child it makes it worse. Thanks. Needless to say we will not be around those people again.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
What makes you think that?

Quoting mommy2adandykid:

hmm sounds like you were the trash that was all over her dd.  pathetic. 

op, you behaved much better than i would have lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)