Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I CAN DO IT ALONE!!!!!

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't keep doing this! My premi baby is coming home tomorrow,my husband never wants to help me with anything, I clean the house, I take care of the kids, I pay the bills, I make the appointments the only thing he does is go to work, granted I understand he works hard and long hours and he is tired, but I need help to, I don't ask much, take out the trash pick up your shit, I'm not your fucking mother, I wanted to go out one more time before my son comes home and he makes me feel guilty because he can't control his drinking when he goes out, I'm not going to be able to leave the house when he comes home because the doctor wants him home, no stores or anything for at least a month, I'm tired of having to do everything, I have asked him so many times to pay the rent but because he doesn't like confrontation he never did it and now, come to find out we are being evicted, I love him but I really wish he would man up and stop being so fucking lazy, I am making myself sick with worry and stress and he doesn't even seem to notice a problem. ... ugh I am do sick of always feeling like a single mom when this is SUPPOSED to be a partnership! !!!!! I try to be understanding of his work hours and that he makes the money and I'm very proud of what he does ( military) but how hard is it to take the trash out or hang clothes so I can do what I need to, I can't keep doing it, he keeps saying he is going to change but it never does, I am sick of it! !!!!
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
My dh was like that until I quit washing his clothes picking up his shit and doing his lunch bowls ... He now does the house work , cooking and helps with kids homework when he is off..
NDADanceMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Can't you tell his commander? I don't know anything about military but i thought they had to behave a certain way to their spouses. I thought I've even heard of court martials for abuse.
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Start planning your exit from the relationship.

Work the plan.

karrahM
by on May. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM
3 moms liked this

No, no, no. Helping your stay at home wife keep the house clean is not a military issue unless it is base housing, which this is not. Bring evicted and drinking too much IS a military issue. However, I would strongly discourage her from going to his commander, but the evictionmay be out of her hands.

woMAN up. Stop doing his stuff, care for your kids. Mothers don't need to go out, sorry toots. Stop drinking

Quoting NDADanceMom: Can't you tell his commander? I don't know anything about military but i thought they had to behave a certain way to their spouses. I thought I've even heard of court martials for abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
He's not doing his job if he's not even paying the bills.
It would be one thing if he was working and paying all the bills. But if he can't even do that what's the point, ya know. I don't blame you. I would start planning to be rid of him.
I'm sorry he's such a dick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Well you married him.  I'm so glad my DH is an active dad, husband.  Good luck with that.  Stop having kids if you don't have the support.

Jambo4
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

im sorry

skittleshawk
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
You married him you didn't know he couldn't control his drinking before? How did you not know this stuff
ABCMomma0211
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM
She could do that.

But thatll make it worse....

Quoting NDADanceMom: Can't you tell his commander? I don't know anything about military but i thought they had to behave a certain way to their spouses. I thought I've even heard of court martials for abuse.
ABCMomma0211
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM
She could do that.

But thatll make it worse....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)