Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you stay married just for the kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My husband says we should stay married just for the kids. He wants a sexless marriage. Not sure if I could stay just for the kids. My oldest will be 15 in June and my youngest is 5.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chell77
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

No! I got diorce because cheating and he is also do anything for his mom but not his family. Children can sense when you are not happy. So if you not happy I would get divorce. It might be better for your children. I know my girls are and it so bad that their dad doesnt want anything with them becuase of their life and free. But my girls know that matter what I am going to be there for them. My divorce when the girls is 3 and 4. I got my girls some stuff for our new life like they decorate the bathroom and their bedroom so they dont upset the divorce. They had problem becuase of their dad doesnt want to be in there life.

Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't have a marriage your kids will notice. I would not stay just for my children. My children deserve to have 2 happy parents even if that means divorce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM

If you can afford to move out and get a divorce I would do it if I were you. I've been living in a sexless marriage "for the kids" and it will completley eat your soul up. I feel dead and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I can't afford to leave as I'm completley broke,through no fault of my own. I would give anything if I could afford to leave. It makes me feel like a failure as a mother AND a wife. It is soul stealing. Good luck and the best wishes for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Besides the money I'm scared I've never really been on my own before. .

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can afford to move out and get a divorce I would do it if I were you. I've been living in a sexless marriage "for the kids" and it will completley eat your soul up. I feel dead and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I can't afford to leave as I'm completley broke,through no fault of my own. I would give anything if I could afford to leave. It makes me feel like a failure as a mother AND a wife. It is soul stealing. Good luck and the best wishes for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I understand your fear. I think if you stayed for a while you can see if you can deal with it. You can always change your mind and leave anytime. You would be so much happier and therefore so would your kids. It's a really really hard decision! It's so hard living with someone you know doesn't want you, I think it's harder than leaving

Quoting Anonymous: Besides the money I'm scared I've never really been on my own before. .
Quoting Anonymous:

debramommyof4
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I would divorce and have separate rooms with rules of no sex between us, and no dates to the house or house guests.  We already discussed this my husband and I as a theory.

SomethingSoReal
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

No. There definitely is a reason behind it.

team.loaf
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Fuck no.
SaGe_Ed
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM

No.  My parents did this.  They finally divorced when I was 22 (my brother was 20 and my sister was 18).  It started when I was about 7 and they just grew to absolutely hate each other.  No one was happy and they spend so much time avoiding each other that neither was really around for the kids.  And we all knew they weren't happy.  It was miserable pretending we didn't know and pretending that we were a big happy family.  We did it for them.  Your kids will most likely end up the same way.  

ZamilyMom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Absolutely not!  It's better for children to have divorced parents than to be a witmess to a loveless marriage.  Otherwise, they think that this marriage is the norm.  Kids are smarter than we give them credit for!  They pick up on negativity so quickly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)