Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THEY WANT THEM GONE!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
We have 3 kids, 8, 4, and 1. We also have 3 dogs. 2 liter mate boxers that will be 4 this year, and a blue doberman pup that is almost 9mnths. we live in a large 3 story house in a community.

So this is how it all began. My boxers found a weakness in the large privacy fence and broke the boards one night. They are indoor dogs really, but it was beautiful outside. I was not home at the time. When i came home I was informed they killed a possum in the neighbor's yard. Animal control was called. I had all their paperwork and license ready.

Yes it is my fault for not making a regular check on the fence. Im upset they killed another living thing! They have never ever doe that or even tried. Animal control said it was probably because the possum had babies outside the pouch somewhere and acted aggressive. Doesnt excuse my dogs behavior. I have since fixed the issue.

Now the new issues is the neighborhood has gather and signed a petition stating we should get rid of our dogs! They claim they are a danger to our children! They have even called dss on us several times! Dss and animal control are working with us and we invite them over anytime they want! But the neighbors are out of hand. We have not even been here a year! They do not know us or even tried to get to know us!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

facethetruth2b
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It wasa opossum .. Seriously we reward our dogs for getting rid of vermin ...
Anyways good luck with them and keeping your dogs....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Is there an HOA?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I would tell them to kiss my ass.
twinners.mama
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:27 PM
All if this over a possum??!! That's crazy. The neighbors need to get over themselves.
KikiB85
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Agree with pp. They could kiss my ass. If they r up to date on shots and are allowed they can stay. Screw them.
nopenope666
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Omg they are so cute!!!!!!
And, seriously? Its a fucking possum.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM

People are stupid! I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

Perle1
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Hire an attorney? Sounds like a mountain out of a molehill to me. Sad that your neighborhood is so unfriendly and also apparently hates dogs. Do you think they thought you had pit bulls (nothing against them, but they do tend to rile people up)?
NDADanceMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Possums freak me out. It's like an ugly rat with a prehensile tail. Id pay you if your dog killed one in my yard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)