Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

POLL : FAT OR RICH

Posted by on May. 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 83 Replies

Poll

Question: If you had to chose, would you rather :

Options:

Be endlessly wealthy, but fat

Very poor, but have a perfect body

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 151

View Results

EDIT : Many of you have been taking the logical route when answering this question, as in, if you picked the fat/rich option you would hire a personal trainer and lose the weight, etc. Or many of you have said "well I'm already fat, so I'll take the money to go w/ it".  You guys are missing the whole core of the question. This question is to be taken as if you could magically transform yourself into one of the two choices, for life, without being able to ever change the negative sides of either option -You can never lose weight or improve your financial status - the whole point of the question is to find out how many of you would consider it worse to be eternally poor or fat.

This odd musing sprung to mind, and I'm curious about which the majority of you guys out there would prefer if you had to chose between having endless money, yet you're doomed to be permanently fat/obese  OR have a perfect body, yet you will be very poor for the rest of your life...

by on May. 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
An0nym0use
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather be able to enjoy the large amounts of decadent food I would be wearing on my hips that be a forced anorexic. Fat and rich all the way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm already fat.. might as well have the wealth to go along with in. ;)

steeljello
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

lol

Quotinglo Anonymous:

I'm already fat.. might as well have the wealth to go along with in. ;)

MeAndTommyLee
by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Not being fat. Period. Never have and never will.
steeljello
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Interesting feedback guys :-)

NDADanceMom
by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM
8 moms liked this

There are degrees of fat.  I will take melissa McCarthy fat but not that man who had to have a wall knocked down so he could get out of the house because he was too fat!.  I couldnt enjoy the money if I couldnt walk around. 

pippi311
by on May. 5, 2014 at 6:34 PM

How fat are we talking? And just how poor as well?

If we're talking 600lbs morbidly obese, no thanks, I'll be poor. But I also might hesitate if we're talking so poor you can't feed your kids and you're going to be living out of your car.

Tough one. I might go with being fat and rich if forced to choose. 

steeljello
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM

You're cracking me up here, lmao

Quoting NDADanceMom:

There are degrees of fat.  I will take melissa McCarthy fat but not that man who had to have a wall knocked down so he could get out of the house because he was too fat!.  I couldnt enjoy the money if I couldnt walk around. 

okpondlady
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I am already fat I sure would like the riches to go along with it.   But depending on how Poor is poor.... I would be poor and skinny.   As long as I had a place to live and food and utilities for my kids, I am good.  Hell that is about what I have already.  

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

steeljello
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Eh, let's say, moderate fat, you have to shop in the plus size section, but you aren't yet at the point where you need a jazzy to motor around the grocery store.  As far as poor goes, let's say you're living paycheck to paycheck and barely can make ends meet, or you need to be on PA for the rest of your life cuz of how dire things are, and there's no option to improve things.

Quoting pippi311:

How fat are we talking? And just how poor as well?

If we're talking 600lbs morbidly obese, no thanks, I'll be poor. But I also might hesitate if we're talking so poor you can't feed your kids and you're going to be living out of your car.

Tough one. I might go with being fat and rich if forced to choose. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)