Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Stop F***ing spending money!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 93 Replies

So last year and this year we used are tax income checks toward the car. We finally just go it paid off. Now we are suppose to start saving money so we can buy a home. I would love to finally own my home that my kids can grow up in. I kept checking the bank account and he keeps spending the money I keep trying to save. I keep sending him text to stop sending money and all he keeps staying is that we don't have a car payment anymore. I am ready to kick him in the butt!!!!!! Do any of you ladies have the same problem with your significant other spending money you don have to spend?

credit card

Mommy of 3 baby boytoddler girlteen boy

by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes dh is always spending money we don't have. He wants to go out to the movies all the time by himself.. I freaking hate it,
mistressflora
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

this happend to me, i tried to hard to save money but itsl ike everytime i have a good amount we have to spend it,  my husband would order stuff off ebay with out telling me, i finally took the card from him! its annoying

mhaney03
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

we did for a long time.  he was out in the army and spending like crazy and i had sell childhood collections to feed the kids.

mommyof3kid82
by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

so sorry you had to go through that

Quoting mhaney03:

we did for a long time.  he was out in the army and spending like crazy and i had sell childhood collections to feed the kids.

Crazylife1994
by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM
6 moms liked this

Put the money in a seperate account that he doesn't have access to or put it into a CD.

I did this with my husband for along time. Once he actually saw how much I had saved he stopped just spending.

jupiter5
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yupp you gotta do this it's the only way!!

Quoting Crazylife1994:

Put the money in a seperate account that he doesn't have access to or put it into a CD.

I did this with my husband for along time. Once he actually saw how much I had saved he stopped just spending.

Sparkler16
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is in finance. He gets paid to manage other peoples money so I'd hope he can keep ours in check lol. With that said dh definitely likes to spend money and likes nice things but he knows what we can and can't afford. I laugh because he's sooooo cheap on certain things and then goes extravagant with other things but that's how we keep it all balanced I guess.
mommyof3kid82
by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea I didn't even think about he has always been bad with money thats why I had paying the bills.

Quoting Crazylife1994:

Crazylife1994
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It solved my finances completely. 

Quoting mommyof3kid82:

Great idea I didn't even think about he has always been bad with money thats why I had paying the bills.

Quoting Crazylife1994:

amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm guilty of doing the spending -.-
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)