Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

No, this is not a rant about how my husband won't buy me clothes or jewelrey. I don't ask for much. Up until now, I had a job that I could buy my own stuff. The problem is that he refuses to buy me the two things I need the most.

Number one: A new pair of glasses. I can't see without glasses. my son accidentally broke my current pair. I can still wear them but one of the things that goes behind the ear is missing so they are hard to keep on my face.

Number two: A FREAKING CAR!! We have only one vehicle, a van, that my father in law paid for. That is HIS car. I need my own car...that way when I go to work, I don't have to constantly borrow his car and leave them home with a vehicle.

My husband gets around six hundred and something a month on his disability check. (Yes, he has a genuine disability check and cannot get work.) How hard is it to put aside a little bit of that a month to help me save for a car? No, I do not expect him to spend all his money on me.

I am trying to save up for a pair of glasses and a car...on my own. I am currently unemployed but I am supposed to be getting a call to come in for a job interview. The place I will be interviewing at is like five minutes from house.

A pair of glasses will cost around $150 at walmart.

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Replies (221-222):
BeanieBlue
by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I just got new glasses at Wal-Mart last year and they were less than $80.

tamullen607
by New Member on May. 15, 2014 at 9:38 AM

That is the amout for the the frames only, and it includes the eye exam. The Rx for the lenses are not cheap. I got two pair there last May, and my Rx lenses plus the frames (and I did the 2 for $65) cost me $205. It just depends on the Rx.

Quoting jupiter5: Americas best has 2 pairs for 70$

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN