Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Why? Just freaking WHY!?

Posted by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

I've been on this web site tonight for over an hour, reading a majority of the posts made to "vent". I'm actually slightly horrified by what I've been reading. I look on Facebook, and I'm disgusted by the idiocracy, now I'm afraid to go onto cafemom and read what the current complaints of the women are.

Why is it so incredibly difficult to respect others? Why are we unable to openly communicate without fighting? Why, oh, WHY can't we just accept that our opinions are our own, and there is no need to enforce our own opinions and beliefs on other people?  Why do we pass judgement on other people? Why are we more concerned with what other people are doing (or not doing) than what we are (or are not) doing? 

I know my flaws, I know my failures and I accept them and move forward. I don't expect others to understand. Why are we unable to embrace the differences of others and move forward? How long will it take to realize that it's so much easier to let things go than allow them to fester and rot in your spirit. Where is the integrity? Where is the humanity? I know there are a lot of questions here. I don't expect an answer (unless it's sarcastic or from a neuroscientist). I'm actually quite stunned and appauled by the amount of hate pouring from the keyboards. 

Here's my request of you... the reader... What three things are you most grateful for? What are three things you want to change. NOW. You don't have to post them if you don't want to, or do so under annonomous. Is it time to leave your marriage? Is it time to question your religion or faith? Is it time to look at others with more compassion? Is it time to take that $20.00 you were going to use for (lunch, hair, nails, drinks, etc.) and buy some groceries or a present for a friend? Is it time to tell your friends or family how much they mean to you!?

Let's practice a little less hate, and a little more love... and maybe, just maybe... we will think twice before calling that woman a "slut" or snubbing the homeless man, or ignoring your best friend's call for help.

That's it. I'm done. That was my rant.  

Zombiemama
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ihave1
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM

insert eyeroll in  3...2...1

lilpinkzombiema
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Insert bitchy comment in 3...2...1  

lilpinkzombiema
by New Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

OH! wait, you already did that for me :D 

proudmother5946
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I'm grateful for a roof over my head, food to eat. I'm grateful for my children and my wonderful daughter in law. And especially for my beautiful granddaughter.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Im most thankful that my kids are all healthy and very bright.  Im especially thankful that my youngest one is since I was 41 when I had her.  2- im thankful that I live in a house that i love.  3- im thankful im married to a very kind and hard working man.  

I would like to change my level of patience with my 12 year old daughter.  She is a ton of work!  Wants a ton of attention and never stops talking.  I feel bad that I often have to send her away from me because I need a break from the chatter. 2- I would like to be more friendly to new people.  I have my clique of friends and its really hard for me to allow anyone new into my life.  One woman who has been somewhat in my life for about a year keeps trying to be my friend.  Everyone else likes her and tells me she is very nice.  She just called me today and I ignored it, I even called a couple people asking why this woman is calling me.  I just cant seem to let go and not be pissed that she was trying to call me up.  3- I would like to be a better friend to my friends.  I usually wait for them to call or text me.  I would like to reach out to them sometimes. 

proudmother5946
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
[quote name="NDADanceMom" id="0"]

Im most thankful that my kids are all healthy and very bright.  Im especially thankful that my youngest one is since I was 41 when I had her.  2- im thankful that I live in a house that i love.  3- im thankful im married to a very kind and hard working man.  

I would like to change my level of patience with my 12 year old daughter.  She is a ton of work!  Wants a ton of attention and never stops talking.  I feel bad that I often have to send her away from me because I need a break from the chatter. 2- I would like to be more friendly to new people.  I have my clique of friends and its really hard for me to allow anyone new into my life.  One woman who has been somewhat in my life for about a year keeps trying to be my friend.  Everyone else likes her and tells me she is very nice.  She just called me today and I ignored it, I even called a couple people asking why this woman is calling me.  I just cant seem to let go and not be pissed that she was trying to call me up.  3- I would like to be a better friend to my friends.  I usually wait for them to call or text me.  I would like to reach out to them sometimes. 

[/quote
Obviously this woman sees something she likes in you. Maybe you should give her a chance? You might actually
like her once you open up and get to know her.
is your 12 year old the dancer? She's beautiful.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM

yes the dancer, thanks.  I think she is pretty too.

I may at least find out what the woman wants

Quoting proudmother5946: [quote name="NDADanceMom" id="0"]

[/quote Obviously this woman sees something she likes in you. Maybe you should give her a chance? You might actually like her once you open up and get to know her. is your 12 year old the dancer? She's beautiful.

Crazylife1994
by on May. 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I am greatful for this man my loving husband I have deeply loved and shared my life with for 19 yrs.

My 7 beautiful, happy and healthy children.

Balancing a healthy family and work life.

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes there is a lot of bashing here. But I for one don't believe in being mean to people. I try to be helpful and honest and not offend or hurt anyone's feelings. I'm grateful for everything I have and the person who I am. Hugs
facethetruth2b
by on May. 8, 2014 at 6:51 AM
I am thankful to be alive , to have two beautiful children , to have a husband that works his ass off to support us . I am greatful for a husband that cares and helps me out in anyway he possibly can .
I am thankful my kids are healthy and happy ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN