Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

He wants MORE?!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

Me and the hubby got into a rather heated argument last night. When I got pregnant with my first son, he let me know that he wanted his kids close together. I told him that we would have to wait and see. Almost two years later, I am unemployed as of a week ago, we STILL live with his dad and he barely helps me take care of the kid we already have.

He tells me last night that he wants me to skip my depo shot appt today and I tell him, very nicely, that I am not ready to have more kids. What does he do? He pouts. That's right, he pouts like a three year old. I end up doing most of the arguing. I CANNOT STAND it when he pouts.

He brings in around $600-$700 a month, we are on foodstamps, my son is on medicaid...how IN THE HELL can we afford another kid right now? Do I want more kids? Yes...but having another one right now is just not finaincally responsible.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SissySmurf
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM

You live with his father in law?? Is he a married man? Or did ya mean your father in law? 

I agree with you. He can wait.  

summerbear
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM
5 moms liked this

Stick to your guns! You are the reasonable and smart one in this situation. Kudos.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I meant we still live with his dad. I thought he was completely nuts when he even suggested the idea. My son was a colicky baby and all he did was cry for the first three months. My husband was not the one staying up all night with him, I was. I do not look forward to doing that again.

Quoting SissySmurf:

You live with his father in law?? Is he a married man? Or did ya mean your father in law? I agree with you. He can wait.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol. Thanks.

Quoting summerbear:

Stick to your guns! You are the reasonable and smart one in this situation. Kudos.

RosaRosa
by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I would consider leaving this idiot.  Limited income.  Foodstamps.  Living with his father.  Probably doing all the housework and childcare.  Pouting?  BTW  no woman likes it when her man pouts like a 3 year old.  That will kill a sexual relationship real quick.  Your husband is narcisstic, operating on a fantasy, fairy tale level -- like a 3 year old.  Let hiim know you are not ready to have another child because you should be living in your own home, not on foodstamps and knowing that if you need him to help care for your children he will do that and so far he hasn't.  

You probably could be in a better situation if you were alone, with your benefits package and collecting child support.  I would definitely get a depo shot, BC pills, be fitted for a diaphram and pick up some sponges and condoms on my way home as a back up.   

mommyof3kid82
by on May. 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You are in the right here. Tell him if he wants another kiddo he better get another job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I'm on the depo currently. To be perfectly honest, we hardly ever have sex because he won't help with our kid and by the time my son goes to bed, I'm about ready to pass out. Oh, I have told him that we are not having any more kids until he grows up.

And the worst part about it, is that he doesn't even realize how bad he treats me. If he does, he doesn't give a shit. He blames it all on me. Calls me a "bad wife" cause I won't have sex with him. He oogles other women on tv and in public, makes rude comments about my weight, and then expects me to have sex with him? Um...no.

Quoting RosaRosa:

I would consider leaving this idiot.  Limited income.  Foodstamps.  Living with his father.  Probably doing all the housework and childcare.  Pouting?  BTW  no woman likes it when her man pouts like a 3 year old.  That will kill a sexual relationship real quick.  Your husband is narcisstic, operating on a fantasy, fairy tale level -- like a 3 year old.  Let hiim know you are not ready to have another child because you should be living in your own home, not on foodstamps and knowing that if you need him to help care for your children he will do that and so far he hasn't.  

You probably could be in a better situation if you were alone, with your benefits package and collecting child support.  I would definitely get a depo shot, BC pills, be fitted for a diaphram and pick up some sponges and condoms on my way home as a back up.   

bcauseimthemom
by on May. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Why are you not working? Why is he not working a better job? Does one of you at least attend college?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I'm looking for a job. I just got laid off from a job. He can't work. He has a rod in his spine due to a medical condition called Scoliosis plus he never graduated from high school. I wish I was in college. but no money.

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Why are you not working? Why is he not working a better job? Does one of you at least attend college?

QuietNarrative
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I had the same surgery and my curvature was life threatening.   I work. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm looking for a job. I just got laid off from a job. He can't work. He has a rod in his spine due to a medical condition called Scoliosis plus he never graduated from high school. I wish I was in college. but no money.

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)