Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

who do i contact update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Our mail person is terrible. She steps out of her delivery truck, looks around, then throws my packages down my driveway. I've called the post office to complain and they say she doesn't have to deliver them at all and I can pick them up at the post office if I choose. She'll leave them out in the pouring down rain too. Nothing has been broken yet but it's only a matter of time.
And now this. I'm out of town right now. We've been having problems with mail theft and identity theft from it. So I filled out a form to stop my mail for the days I am gone. My mom went by my house yesterday and my mailbox was wide open stuffed to overflowing with mail! I'm furious with them! They say there's nothing they can do about the mail thefts either. Just get your mail asap they say. But apparently they won't stop it if you leave town as requested!
So who do you talk to when your local post office won't do their job? Is it really not their job to deliver packages they are paid to deliver? Help!

Update
I filled out the complaint form and they emailed me back saying the mail carrier throws my packages because I have dogs. They say if I want it put over the gate my dogs can't be there. Now I can understand that except to get to my gate where my dogs are you have to walk down the hill, across my driveway that's big enough to hold 9 cars, across my front deck, and to the side of my house! Yeah nice excuse but it's not cutting it!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I would send a letter to the freaking postmaster general in DC, that ought to get someones attention. It's clear that your local post office is being poorly run from the top down.

caro100
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:34 PM

ou have a crappy service.   I would contact the postal service general's office.  They get enough flack and then I would notify your congressman and have them talk to someone, because, they are always on the chopping block to be phased out.  If they are also being rude and unhelpful it could be a problem for them.

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this

When ever you make a call to complain you need to do a few things; (I do this with ALL my complaints no matter who they are, even if its a screw up at McDonald's)

1) Always document the call. Keep a notebook of customer service calls/complaints or a file on your computer. Document the date, the time you called, the name of the person you spoke with and their employee number if they use them.

2) If you are unsatisfied with the response you get, ask for that persons supervisor. Most companies have grunts answering the phones. These people have little to no power or desire to help you, the customer. It's their job to get you off the line as fast as possible. Heck, sometimes they are even given a call time limit. In those situations you can use that call time as tool to get what you want.  Supervisors many times have a direct line. Ask them for their direct number or what is a good time to contact them in case the problem is not resolved.

3) Climb the ladder. If one supervisor can not or will not accommodate your request or complaint, then ask for THEIR supervisor.  Keep documenting and climbing the ladder until you get the desired results.

4) Use their social media pages. Companies do not want a bad rap on their Twitter and Facebook pages. Complain on them and you might see some quick results.

5) Always keep your calm and never swear or scream at CSRs.  They do not have to put up with irrate customers and they WON'T.  Be courteous but firm. State your case or complaint and tell them exactly what you expect of them, whether its to replace something, fix something, issue refunds, or apologies.

6) Threaten to take your business elsewhere. Now this wont work in your current situation but other companies it will.  If UPS pisses you off, tell that supervisor you have on the phone you will drive the extra 20 minutes to the FedEx store just to get decent service.  Many companies and management teach if you can make a unhappy customer happy, you can secure a customer for life in most cases.

Trust me, eventually you will get to talk to the head honcho or someone that has some power and desire to DO something. I had a major mail issue sounding much like yours about 20 years ago. My ex was on unemployment and the mail carrier was throwing the mail in the bushes.  One of my husbands checks got "accidentally" delivered to a known criminal down the street from me and cashed it.  Eventually, after one supervisor after another I ended up on the telephone with The Postmaster General of the United States of America.  Let me tell you, after that 15 minute conversation, the NEXT DAY my mail was special delivered to my DOOR and there were ZERO problems afterwards.

Just keep climbing the ladder with a calm but firm attitude. It may take a few more calls but you can get this dealt with.

Good Luck.

xcrystal88
by on May. 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM

theres a complaint form on the usps website..but ive filled it out because of problems with my mail person and they called me saying it was my fault. :/ good luck I guess

Lucky1123
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Why not get a PO box?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Because I don't want to drive 10 miles each way to get my mail.

Quoting Lucky1123:

Why not get a PO box?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I just filled it out thanks

Quoting xcrystal88:

theres a complaint form on the usps website..but ive filled it out because of problems with my mail person and they called me saying it was my fault. :/ good luck I guess

Lucky1123
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I completely understand that.  But if you aren't getting any results, it is much better than broken items or risk losing something important right?

Quoting Anonymous: Because I don't want to drive 10 miles each way to get my mail.
Quoting Lucky1123:

Why not get a PO box?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to get results not give them more money and make more work for myself! They're getting paid to deliver my mail to me and I expect them to do it.
Besides they aren't any better at their po boxes. They mix up the mail and lose packages constantly. Or just refuse to deliver them to a po box at all.

Quoting Lucky1123:

I completely understand that.  But if you aren't getting any results, it is much better than broken items or risk losing something important right?

Quoting Anonymous: Because I don't want to drive 10 miles each way to get my mail.

Quoting Lucky1123:

Why not get a PO box?

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would write the pepper and call a news station. Get a tape of the person doing that with the mail. The media would love that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)