Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Is there a problem with wanting "it" often???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

To be quite honest, I LOVE having sex with my fiance. We have a fairly healthy sex life.  We manage to have sex about 3-4 times a week and I still don't think it's enough. I would be willing to do it every night. We refrain when I'm on my period and it is absolute torture because it seems that this time is when I'm in the mood the most.  My fiance tells me that we don't have to have sex as often as we do and that I shouldn't take it so personally when we don't. I used to get really hurt when he'd fall asleep or go to bed early. I don't as much anymore because I've learned to understand that it really isn't personal.  He really does get tired. LOL. He's also always making jokes about it and says things like "You're gonna give me a heart attack," or "I'm too old for this, I'm not 22 anymore." He seems to use his age as an excuse quite often. He's 14 years older than me and I'm in my late twenties.  I know you're reading this and thinking "she has a problem", but do I really.  I don't know if anyone else out there can relate, but I don't think I do.  I love not only the feeling of getting great orgasms, but mainly the closeness it causes between us.  I love the kissing and the touching and I just love feeling that close and intimate to him that I just can't get enough.  I've explained this to him, but he says "we can feel that way without having sex too." Tell me...what do you think???

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Racheldp20
by on May. 10, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Everyone has different sex drives, and when two people in a relationship find themselves at odds about it I think the only thing that can be done is compromise. You'll both just have to meet each other in the middle. 3-4 times a week is pretty good, and if you don't want to abstain during your period you don't have to. Just talk to him about it. My period has never stopped us; they're usually not too heavy. I just keep a tampon in until we're ready to um not have it there...and a towel.

And you might want to take into account that since he is older his hormone levels might not be as high as yours and that could just be something that continues with age, or it might just be how he is. I don't think you have a problem. It just sounds like sex and physical touch is one of your main love languages and maybe his is different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)