Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

discrimination in America

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

to start i'm not anti anything or pro anything nor am i racist of anyone. the different things believe in or do not believe in do not make a difference to me. i have however noticed that it seems like no matter what a person says or does it has to be tied to some sort of discrimination or self segregation. like white and black churches, the gay games (they are like the Olympics for gay people) or something that i seen on tv the other day was a black woman comedian saying racist remarks about the slave days and it was ok with people because she was black. and then there's the whole region thing. if you have a faith in something that is right or wrong a person doesn't dare express themselves for fear of somebody being sensitive. and i understand that people in the past have been poorly judged by their race, sexual preference and religion. but is it right to go so far the other way with it. to feel that you can't say anything to any one without feeling like it's gonna come back to bite you? why can't everyone just stop judging each other over everything? if your a white person you have to be careful what you say around a black person. if your strait you you worry that your going to offend someone who is gay. if you don't attend church you gotta be careful not to offend the people that do. it's getting ridicules that America is like this. what happened to land of the free.?what happened to standing up for what you believe in? what happened to All people being equal? i see people in different groups chanting tolerance for race, religion and sexual orientation but aren't tolerant of people who have a different point of view. this is the America we live in...

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Americia?  And before you claim it's just a typo, the "i" key is nowhere near the "a" or "c" keys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing in your post is any different than it's ever been, nor does anything in your post prove we are any less free than ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 9:13 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Actually the woman on the show who said things about being a slave... Had a huge backlash from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You're adorable.

You, of course, can say whatever you like; the thing you don't seem to understand is that means anyone else can say what they like, also. It goes both ways.

Freedom of speech is not "freedom to say whatever I want and no one can criticize me for it".

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so tired of all this bullshit no one can say any thing anymore with out someone saying its the wrong thing to say GET A LIFE ALREADY WE LIVE IN AMERICA I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT  !

armywifey1983
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Here in America, you CAN say whatever it is you want to say. That being said, Anon #2 is correct; know that whatever you say opens the door to debate, criticism, and even harassment for your statements.

Quoting Anonymous:

No problems here talk away I can wear my big girl panties any time or any place ! 

Quoting Anonymous: You're adorable. You, of course, can say whatever you like; the thing you don't seem to understand is that means anyone else can say what they like, also. It goes both ways. Freedom of speech is not "freedom to say whatever I want and no one can criticize me for it".
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so tired of all this bullshit no one can say any thing anymore with out someone saying its the wrong thing to say GET A LIFE ALREADY WE LIVE IN AMERICA I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT  !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM
No. Losing the right of free speech is when people are thrown in jail en masse for saying certain things.

If you tell people how you're a shitty person and they don't want to associate with you anymore, that isn't you "losing your rights". The very idea of it being so is laughable and childish.

No one, in any example you gave, lost their right to speak their mind. They have had and still have that right. You need to understand that others have that exact same right.

Quoting nurse1997:

That is fine it is apart of life- People being made to sell teams because they call someone a nigger in private,or when Mel Gibson went off the rail, or Duck dystany when he made the comment about gays people are losing their rights to speak their minds does it make it right what they say NO but it is America you should be able to but just wait no one will be able to express any thing in the next 20 years !

Quoting armywifey1983:

Here in America, you CAN say whatever it is you want to say. That being said, Anon #2 is correct; know that whatever you say opens the door to debate, criticism, and even harassment for your statements.

Quoting Anonymous:

No problems here talk away I can wear my big girl panties any time or any place ! 

Quoting Anonymous: You're adorable. You, of course, can say whatever you like; the thing you don't seem to understand is that means anyone else can say what they like, also. It goes both ways. Freedom of speech is not "freedom to say whatever I want and no one can criticize me for it".
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Grammar Nazi

Quoting Anonymous:

Americia?  And before you claim it's just a typo, the "i" key is nowhere near the "a" or "c" keys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2014 at 9:38 PM

At least I know how to spell the name of the country in which I live.

Quoting Anonymous: Grammar Nazi
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Still a Nazi

Quoting Anonymous:

At least I know how to spell the name of the country in which I live.

Quoting Anonymous: Grammar Nazi

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)