Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I had an abortion and I'm leaving my boyfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Today I had an abortion.  Back in October I had an iud put in, everything was fine until the beginning of this month when I realized I was pregnant.  I went to planned parenthood and they confirmed it, and then they couldn't find the IUD!  I desperately wanted to have the medication abortion, I was horrified at the in-clinic procedure.I was told I would have to get an ultrasound from another hospital to make sure the iud wasn't still in me. By the time all that was done I was too late to take the pill, I had to do an aspiration.  I was scared to death, I was feeling like hell with all the regular pregnancy symptoms, fatigue, nausea.  On top of it I have a totally unsupportive boyfriend.  He's just happy I'm having an abortion.  We have a landscaping business and I think the week I had before the procedure he was more concerned that I wouldn't be able to work as hard while I was still pregnant and after the procedure for a few days.  Today I went to the clinic alone, I flat out told him I didn't want him there, I thought he'd stress me out more.  The whole thing was awful, was not as easygoing as they made out it would be.  I got through it though and to boot I found out my iud is not stuck in me.  Now I'm angry because the iud just "fell out", we don't know where or how!  And my boyfriend is such a jackass, I asked him to go to the park with me so I could talk and he's sitting on the computer.  Meanwhile, after I had the procedure I had another type of birth control put in.  The one that goes in your arm and is good for 3 years.  But while I've been by myself, left alone to think.  I been thinking, it doesn't make sense to do all this work and take on so much risk to myself to do some asshole a favor.  I don't even enjoy our sex life, I never really have, we haven't had sex since I started thinking I was pregnant a month ago.  Not that he hasn't tried.  He hasn't been able to understand why I won't try anal sex with him, he was trying to do it with me just this morning.  He'll lube himself up and come at me when I'm half awake, thinks he's real slick.  I feel like it's too much of him to ask of me when he can't be bother with much of anykind of foreplay in bed and can't last more than one round of just under 10 seconds.  I use to think the 10 second thing was a joke, an exaggeration, not for this guy!

So I spent most of my time at the park crying.  Seems I'm always having to beg for his time.  Then when he begrudgingly suggests we do something I'm so mad I don't even wanna see him.  I gotta get out of this.  I know thye fact is I didn't have an abortion just because we as a couple are still building our lives, I know I also had it because I don't love this guy like I use to and I don't wanna be with him anymore.  I don't know how to explain it.  I feel like crying still.  I consider myself a strong person but I feel like shit, I just can't face anybody today.

crying

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2014 at 7:44 PM

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

group hug

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Hugs hun😔
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Major hugs, I can see this has been a traumatic and eye-opening experience all at once. The one you should be able to turn to for comfort is the very one you can't stand to be around.  I am so sorry events turned out this way for you, but maybe now that you see so clearly that he's not a guy you can be with, you can move on, without him, to bigger and better things. What you wrote about him, he's a selfish and immature person and you do deserve a lot better. Take some time to heal physically and emotionally (give yourself as much time as you need) and then take a deep breath and tell him good luck, and so long.  Hugs again, that was quite the experience to have to go through alone.

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM
7 moms liked this
Give the girl a gold star! You are smart to listen to yourself AND take the appropriate action. Way too many of us waste our lives on deadbeat assholes that don't do anything for us.You have a clean slate now, the world is your oyster. What is next? The possibilities are endless and so exciting. I am so happy for you . I am jealous. Who wouldn't want to have a fresh start? How many of your friends are miserable and tied down by someone they don't love or respect and who isn't a good partner? Don't let that be you. Hugs and kisses
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 16, 2014 at 12:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Contact a lawyer about the best way to split up your business.  And get out, you don't need that kind of crap from anyone.

hugs

mommy211983
by Member on May. 16, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Huge hugs!
..Sparrow..
by on May. 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Good girl! You are making a very wise choice.

fivebears
by New Member on May. 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Men are stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Thank you everybody! I really needed the support!

blowing kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)