Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Quit touching me!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:53 AM
  • 28 Replies

The first time i was pregnant it bugged me but I didn't say much. When I got used to knowing it was gonna happen usually I put my purse in front of my belly. Now i don't mean people i know but strangers touching my tummy is really awkward. When I was pregnant the second time when females I didn't know came to touch my baby bump I told them if they wanted to keep their hand they better keep it off me.

Why do strang females who see a prgenat women feel the need to touch the baby bump. Do you go touch baby bumps when you see a pregnant female? Did it happen to you while you were pregnant? if so, what was your reaction? i got called a bitch. I was told  not to let her catch me alone after I had the baby becuase she was gonna give a beat down lesson in manners. Other females just looked at me funny. Some even wispered that i was just a fat ho saying I was pregant to hide that I was fat. It's annoying and I feel those who do it are obnoxious.

Some may say it's not the same but I see it as the same thing as going up to touch new boobs when a young girl starts developing. "oh look you have boobs now!! What a joy for you!"

by on May. 19, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themaurer7
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Yup annoying. And no people do not ever have the right to touch without permission. I know one state actually made it illegal b/c it is so pervasive. It's crazy that people don't get it.
skymcr
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:41 AM
I don't like to touch people's bellies. Some people did touch mine when pregnant, but it was just a couple of times. It didn't bother me much.
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I never just had someone come up and touch me I have people ask to sometimes I don't think I would like that at all and no I've never just walk up to someone rub their belly
annieb863
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM
I was working as a restaurant manager when I was pregnant the first time and allll my regular customers felt the need to touch my belly. It didn't bother me nearly as bad as random people I've never met touching me, it's just weird and I don't understand why people have boundaries but when some see a pregnant woman they think it's ok to touch!!
Addicted2U4ever
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM
People tried I slapped a few hands away and backed up mostly. I could not stand people touching me and my belly ... The nerves of some people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 19, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Never had this happen during my whole pregnancy. Not even people I knew. Everyone told me people will touch on you but no one did. I must give off a smell. Lol.
1979-2-7-kim
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I had it happen all the time. It didn't bother me to much but I'm a very tolerate person. However, I would NEVER NEVER NEVER do that to someone! I have a boundary and I like my space and bubble. The one thing that pisses me off though is when people touch my child! Ohhhh no they didn't! Get their nasty hands off my kid!
JTE11
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I had folks at work come up and touch it and some strangers in the store but I knew they didn't mean any harm and even though I'd have preferred they didn't do it I didn't say anything. I find it a little weird that people think they can touch you when you're pregnant but I know it's because they are coming from a standpoint of being happy or excited for me so I let it go. Now if they'd have been standing there trying to caress my belly for five minutes I'd probably have said something. What I got was a bunch of little pats or brief touches.

blueforewolf
by on May. 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM

you are absolutely right, no one has the right to touch your body without your consent - no one - I remember a few times in my life asking someone is I could touch their bump - but I would never just touch someone I haven't done that for decades and at this point don't want to as I've had baby bumps all my own lol!

Darqdaughter
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I would rub their bellies back until they stopped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN