Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

If he called right now...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I think I'd probably be hard pressed not to freak the hell out over dealing w/ this dog he had to have and the way our 4 yr old dd has been acting.

Dh is out of state doing some training and as mil spouses we're always told to keep the home drama to ourselves so dh can concentrate on what he needs to do. I understand that but here am I alone, no close friends, no family and my other half who keeps my head on straight when the shit hits the ceiling is not here. 

How do I blow off steam? Who do I talk to about how much I am hating this situation and I don't have time for a dog & 2 small children, one of which is teething now and needs my constant attention? 

We're just supposed to grin and bear it for our dh's but who do we go to when things get out of hand or we just need to vent? I know others have it worse, I'm not saying anything about that, but everyone has their bad days, everyone needs a shoulder or just a sympathetic ear. 

I really wish my dh was home, my dd needs a good spank on the butt, an early bedtime and we need a diff solution for the dog bc I have to keep her penned up inside all the time or locked outside bc my 4 yr old won't play nicely with her. Gah! I have way too much on my plate right now!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KaylaBug89
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I know how you feel. And it sucks. If you want to talk I'm here. Be prepared, a lot of people on here are probably going to say stupid shit like "you knew what you were getting into" blah blah blah. Because apparently, "knowing what you're getting into" means you're never allowed to have bad days or be upset. Unfortunately you kind of just have to grit your teeth and push through it. And, hey, brightside? It's only training. Just try and think of it as training for you too lol. You're both training for a deployment. Again, I'm here if you need to talk, vent, whatever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 23, 2014 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Ya thx, we've been through a deployment & I had several very close friends & I talked to my mom whenever I needed, but she passed away 2 yrs ago & we're at a new duty station so no close friends yet. I'm really hoping he doesn't get deployed, there are whispers but they've been canceling all the deployments so far this past year so I'm hoping they keep doing it.

Quoting KaylaBug89:

I know how you feel. And it sucks. If you want to talk I'm here. Be prepared, a lot of people on here are probably going to say stupid shit like "you knew what you were getting into" blah blah blah. Because apparently, "knowing what you're getting into" means you're never allowed to have bad days or be upset. Unfortunately you kind of just have to grit your teeth and push through it. And, hey, brightside? It's only training. Just try and think of it as training for you too lol. You're both training for a deployment. Again, I'm here if you need to talk, vent, whatever.

Yum_Cupcakes
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 5:11 AM

I'm not a miliatry wife, but I would be willing to listen. You're right. Everyone needs someone to talk to and it's very depressing when people tell you to just suck it up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN