Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

They were fighting over a half of a Cheeto!!

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

My DS is 3 and a half. My DD just turned 1 almost two weeks ago. I set out some Cheeto puffs since my son did a good job picking up all of his toys and putting them in the toy box. So I give him a snack bowl and also put about 6 Cheetos in a different bowl for my little girl. My son eats all of his cheetos and goes on about his business, playing and what not. It takes DD a little while longer but she finishes all but a half of a cheeto. She goes on to play as well. A few minutes later she is near the cheeto again, not paying any attention to it, playing and DS sits down next to her with a toy and finally grabs the cheeto. Of course she notices him grab it and lashes out to grab it, all while squealing her high pitch squeal. Of course they don't pay any attention when I tell them to stop fighting and just give me the cheeto. Finally the cheeto breaks and crumbles some. Naturally neither of them are happy with that either. So now they're both whining about it. I get up, take the Cheeto from the both of them, split a banana in half and give it to them. Now they're as quiet as can be. DS is even sharing some of his with DD even though she still has hers.

I swear, sometimes I want to tear all my hair out! Lol

by on May. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey, I'd be pissed off if someone grabbed my last cheeto too!  I tell my daughter (16) that there are plenty in the kitchen, go get her own and leave mine alone!! 

Taylor94
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Problem is, that was the last of the Cheetos and that one was half soggy from where she'd licked the majority of the cheese off. Lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Hey, I'd be pissed off if someone grabbed my last cheeto too!  I tell my daughter (16) that there are plenty in the kitchen, go get her own and leave mine alone!! 

lancet98
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Insanity.

We get it from our children.

Butterfly1108
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Lol this is so cute reading but without all the screaming & yelling of course...I can only imagine ;) CUTE!

lilmama299
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Lol I feel your pain
MommyHuman
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM

My DD and DS fight like a married couple over the dumbest stuff.  Example: we have apple trees in the front yard. Dd and DS were fighting over what I could make with the apples. Dd was yelling apple pie, while DS was yelling apple sauce.  Finally I tell them I can make both, but knock it off.  They stop and start raging abiut who can pick apples.  

NeonGirl9583
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:13 PM
You sure them wasn't my kids??? My are older but they act like that most if the time!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Ugh, another parent feeding shit to their kids. It really saddens me on behalf the kids. You are what you eat and we tend to continue the same eating patterns from early childhood through our adult life. Does no one want more for their kids? I'm sure that you are otherwise a wonderful mother. Childhood nutrition is just one of my passion pursuits.

lancet98
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Eh....I dunno.

I don't think an occasional cheetoh is going to kill anyone.

If that's all the kid ever gets, that's different.   

My neighbor feeds her kids, basically, MacDonald's, chips, doritos, cheetohs, lots of fried stuff, lots of fatty meat....and yes actually, both the kids have very high cholesterol and blood pressure.   More like an obese middle aged adult.

The school sent home letters for both kids saying they are obese.   They are.   They're both very heavy.   She doesn't think they are.   She says she's going to home school them because the school says they are obese.

Except they are obese.

She refers to it as 'a stage'.

It's really sad.

So that happens.

But without seeing the kids and knowing what they eat 24/7 month in and month out, I am not going to say that an occasional piece of junk food would harm them.

Again...common sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh, another parent feeding shit to their kids. It really saddens me on behalf the kids. You are what you eat and we tend to continue the same eating patterns from early childhood through our adult life. Does no one want more for their kids? I'm sure that you are otherwise a wonderful mother. Childhood nutrition is just one of my passion pursuits.

Taylor94
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM

This. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)