Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He says he has made it to easy for me??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
I met my husband 4 years ago, at my work. I didn't really like him at first but I gave him a chance any way and we soon started dating. At that time I was a single mother with 3 kids so I had to work all the time.. After we married husband told me I didn't need to work all the time, so I went part time until I quit my job all together and started doing odd jobs.. only because husband had accepted a much better paying job.. now I feel like my husband thinks I have no ambition. I don't really know what to do with my self and he thinks I'm not great full because I can stay at home.. I am happy to be able to do that.. but at the same time I have had the same career for 13 years and yes it barely paid, but it was my job and I loved it! So now I feel like sense he has a great paying job, there's nothing I can do to amount to that.. so what's the big deal? I didn't make or have any money when he met me so what makes him think differently now? It wasn't a big deal in the beginning and he never asked for my help financially? Even though I feel as if any income coming in to our house is our money? I do the budget and make sure he and our children have what they need. I do not blow money or buy expensive things. But then have the nerve to tell me he had made it to easy for me?? That made me feel like a charity case!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Maybe you should go back to school.  Your grammer is terrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha great that's great! Not only does my husband beat me down, but I love when other people I do not know does the same! Thank you! I hope you don't have any flaws:)

Quoting Anonymous:

mylilsunshine
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for kicking her while she's down. That will show her to better. (EYE ROLL)eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous:

mylilsunshine
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM

OP, So many of my friends' husbands and including my own have said something similar. It's their way to feel superior and somebody needs to bring them off their high horse.

When we were younger, my DH used to say how he does so much for the family since he was the only income. He seemed to forget that he wanted me to become a Sahm. So when I was adamant on returning back to work, he let it slipped he doesn't want me to work because that means if I get a job then he'll have to help around the house and with the kids!

Yeah, lets just say I stopped that real quick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:46 AM
9 moms liked this

*Grammar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM
How do I kick the horse from out under him? Haha I went back to work before then he said he felt inadequate because he couldn't take care of the family alone?? But I agree with you.. I think it was because he didn't want to keep house or take care of the kids!

Quoting mylilsunshine:

OP, So many of my friends' husbands and including my own have said something similar. It's their way to feel superior and somebody needs to bring them off their high horse.

When we were younger, my DH used to say how he does so much for the family since he was the only income. He seemed to forget that he wanted me to become a Sahm. So when I was adamant on returning back to work, he let it slipped he doesn't want me to work because that means if I get a job then he'll have to help around the house and with the kids!

Yeah, lets just say I stopped that real quick.

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM
People change. As my husband has closed in on retirement he has encouraged me to work more.
askyourmother
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
So is yours.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM

He probably meant in regard to the kids- even if you get child support it may not be enough and technically they are not his kids so maybe he feels like you should be working a lttle..

even though he is making more money he may feel a little upset your at home and that is why he said you have no ambition or drive.. maybe he is expecting more but he just doesn't want to explain

mommy2twoboyz
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM
*grammar

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)