Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

boyfriend stayed home sick...

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:10 AM
  • 20 Replies

So both yesterday AND today my boyfriend has stayed home sick. I'm a stay-at-home mom, so he's really been cramping my style at home these past 2 days. I love him to pieces, but I'm so used to having all day everyday home alone with my son that when he is home like this it totally drives me bananas. I feel bad feeling this way!! :(  I just haven't been able to do go about my and our son's usual everyday routine. For example, we usually go on a walk around 8am every morning, but we haven't gone either day my bf has been home. It's just like I lose all motivation to go do anything with my son, to clean the house, i'm in a bad/upset mood all day, etc, etc...  I really don't know how to explain it much better than that ladies!  :/  Has anyone else experienced this or anything like it??? 

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Um no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

2 days?  If you cant handle 2 days...well...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:58 AM

No offense but if you can't handle your man at home for 2 days because he's sick you need to re-evalulate your relationship....and your love for him.

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine cramps my style too. It's like any and all semblance of a schedule goes right out the window when he is home.

Mine works Monday thru Thursday so 3 days a week its chaos and the other 4 days are spent fixing and cleaning up the disaster.

I'm trying desperately to keep some semblance of a good eating schedule/diet on those days but its crazy hard.
amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

dang, this probably came off the wrong way!  it's frustrating more than anything because I just lose all motivation to do what my son and I normally do. when my bf is home, it gets my son and i off of our routine; whether it's going for our walk, watching my son's fav cartoon at the time it's on, and really the thing that drives me absolutely isane is that he is always clearing his throat (and not just because he's sick--this is everyday--it's that thing that guys and some girls do---they sound like they're hacking up a big fur ball and it is like the biggest thing in this world that i cannot stand and it immediately pisses me off) and when i have to listen to that aaaaaaalllll day long.... aaahhh man...  it's the worst!! 

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Purgatorian: Mine cramps my style too. It's like any and all semblance of a schedule goes right out the window when he is home. Mine works Monday thru Thursday so 3 days a week its chaos and the other 4 days are spent fixing and cleaning up the disaster. I'm trying desperately to keep some semblance of a good eating schedule/diet on those days but its crazy hard.

yeah!! that's all i'm sayin'. our schedule/routine becomes non-existent when he's home, lol. i love my boyfriend to pieces, but since we have our son and i've got a good schedule/routine with him, i don't know if i could handle my bf home for 3 days in a row every week. i'm a very organized person. like things to go smoothly and am continuously cleaning the house throughout the day, so when things get a little off....  it's like a bomb explodes in my mind and i just feel like a huge mess. 

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Try doing those things anyway. I'm trying out scheduling mine. He usually lays around all day driving me nuts. So now I'm up doing my usual normal routine and try to incorporate him into it.

He can't drag me out to eat fast food if I already have lunch or dinner plans made or cooking. I make him give yup the tv after dinner since he's had it all day. And last weekend I even gave him a list of chores I wanted him to do. Granted he only did half but hey! That's better than none right?! Lol

Try working around him but doing your same thing.

Quoting amybrg86:

dang, this probably came off the wrong way!  it's frustrating more than anything because I just lose all motivation to do what my son and I normally do. when my bf is home, it gets my son and i off of our routine; whether it's going for our walk, watching my son's fav cartoon at the time it's on, and really the thing that drives me absolutely isane is that he is always clearing his throat (and not just because he's sick--this is everyday--it's that thing that guys and some girls do---they sound like they're hacking up a big fur ball and it is like the biggest thing in this world that i cannot stand and it immediately pisses me off) and when i have to listen to that aaaaaaalllll day long.... aaahhh man...  it's the worst!! 

amybrg86
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Quoting Purgatorian: Try doing those things anyway. I'm trying out scheduling mine. He usually lays around all day driving me nuts. So now I'm up doing my usual normal routine and try to incorporate him into it. He can't drag me out to eat fast food if I already have lunch or dinner plans made or cooking. I make him give yup the tv after dinner since he's had it all day. And last weekend I even gave him a list of chores I wanted him to do. Granted he only did half but hey! That's better than none right?! Lol Try working around him but doing your same thing.
Quoting amybrg86:

haha, nice! yeah better than nothing!  i've gotten to that point lately: i try to continue my normal routine, but i still get frustrated when i see him sitting on the couch watching a movie because he 'never' gets to 'relax and watch a movie'...   :/

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya for years it's pissed me off to see him being a bump on a log on his days off.  Somehow, instead of doing my own thing, I let myself be suckered into being the bump next to him.

No more. When he is being the bump, I just try and behave as if he isnt home. Only difference is when I make lunch, I make enough for both of us now. But I even have gone so far as to not make him anything because my plans were to eat something he doesn't like lol!

The biggest thing that gets me peeved still is I can not use my living room for the day. He plays shows I hate on the tv and plays videogames on his computer all day out there.

That's ok though to. I have started working on my basement again. Soon I will have finished cleaning and organizing it to where I have an entire half of the basement to use for what I wish. Workout room / Den / craft room... The Woman Cave I'm calling it!

Quoting amybrg86:

Quoting Purgatorian: Try doing those things anyway. I'm trying out scheduling mine. He usually lays around all day driving me nuts. So now I'm up doing my usual normal routine and try to incorporate him into it. He can't drag me out to eat fast food if I already have lunch or dinner plans made or cooking. I make him give yup the tv after dinner since he's had it all day. And last weekend I even gave him a list of chores I wanted him to do. Granted he only did half but hey! That's better than none right?! Lol Try working around him but doing your same thing.
Quoting amybrg86:

haha, nice! yeah better than nothing!  i've gotten to that point lately: i try to continue my normal routine, but i still get frustrated when i see him sitting on the couch watching a movie because he 'never' gets to 'relax and watch a movie'...   :/

~~"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." -Buddha~~

HopeAlive
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, I'm sorry, Mama... My sister was just telling me the same thing last week... I can hear how much you care about your bf in the midst of the frustrations. Personally, I think it may just be a routine thing. For me, if I'm out of routine, I can become kinda cranky/irritable too... Do you think that's part of it? Or is there something in particular that he's doing that's bothering you? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)