Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Really? People don't have enough respect not to smoke around someone else's children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this
I went to a birthday party today. 2 women, a mother and the grand mother were chain smoking standing right next to all the kids. The mother kept walking by and standing next to my daughter. You could fully smell the smoke. Her kids were coughing consistently. She was pushing her youngest on the swing and he was just hacking and looked so sick. She smoked while she was pushing him. I'm not a judger but I was definitely judging her. You want to harm your kids? Fine but have enough respect to keep the cigarette away from my kid!!! I so wanted to say something but I didn't want to piss the host off. I just kept moving my daughter away.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:56 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm judging. sue me. People who smoke are disgusting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Especially around kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm judging. sue me. People who smoke are disgusting.

thePBandJmom
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I can't stand people like that!  I would have made sure they got the point by making a big deal each time I moved my chikd away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2014 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Thats disgusting.

...and I smoke. Never around my children.
amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I would have left.

Allebas
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:41 PM
This!

Quoting amandacr1026:

I would have left.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM

sorry but i would have said something.

SilverSally
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to smoke, but I would never have smoked around kids. That is gross and really disrespectful. 

Now that I'm pregnant I get a bit pissed off about the people that smoke in shopping centre entrances or right near - the smoke hits you in the face when you walk out the door. I'm noticing alot doing it in the carparks, as well. :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Both of my parents smoked 2 packs a day and I was a severe asthmatic. I was born in the early 60s. We took car trips for vacation and they had the windows rolled up and were puffing away. Nice huh?

luvmylilbean
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have left too. No one smokes around my kids...I've lost 'family' because they couldn't respect that one rule. Kid's health is a lot more important than someone's nasty habit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)