Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'm in tears! Anyone please..

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM
  • 44 Replies
I'm so upset, the tears can't stop rolling down my face! Am I overreacting? I have a 4yo ds and I'm babysitting for my aunt. One of her daughters is 6yo. Her & him were playing just fine a couple minutes ago & I went to the kitchen to make sandwiches. They stayed in the room playing, no more than 5 minutes later I hear quiet so I go check & they're laying side by side & I can see their hands moving. They were touching each other. I asked my son & he confessed & apologized. I taught him better than that, apparently I failed. I can't stop crying because its not okay! That's not right, and they're both still so little. I didn't tell my little cousin anything but she's very quiet & I can tell she knows what's going on. I plan on talking to my aunt when she gets home. Has anyone ever delt with this? I'm just so upset right now..
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:06 PM
How do they even know about something like that?
MyLoveAlexander
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I don't know, my son is an only child and we live alone. I'm very strict on what he watches, and he's always with me. I don't understand this not one bit.

Quoting Anonymous: How do they even know about something like that?
Mrs.Pedro
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:24 PM
11 moms liked this

You are most likely overreacting. Kids are curious about this stuff at that age. That being said, you SHOULD talk to your cousin... Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she didn't initiate it. Ask her why she did it, and tell her that nobody is to touch her like that and she isn't to touch anyone else like that just like you would your own son.

MyLoveAlexander
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I've read alot of stories similar, and maybe you're right. I honestly feel very shaken about it, I just never seen this coming. And since my cousin walked in when I read your reply, I did talk to her and asked if there's anyone else who's ever touched her. And she said one of her older brothers, that just upsets me more because I have to tell my aunt that also. The little girl has 3 older brothers.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

You are most likely overreacting. Kids are curious about this stuff at that age. That being said, you SHOULD talk to your cousin... Just because she's a girl doesn't mean she didn't initiate it. Ask her why she did it, and tell her that nobody is to touch her like that and she isn't to touch anyone else like that just like you would your own son.

Mrs.Pedro
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM

How old are her other brothers? If they're greatly older then it may be much more than curiosity. Maybe your aunt will be able to clarify what has been going on in her house. I hope it all pans out into nothing more than curiosity.

Quoting MyLoveAlexander: I've read alot of stories similar, and maybe you're right. I honestly feel very shaken about it, I just never seen this coming. And since my cousin walked in when I read your reply, I did talk to her and asked if there's anyone else who's ever touched her. And she said one of her older brothers, that just upsets me more because I have to tell my aunt that also. The little girl has 3 older brothers.
Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

MyLoveAlexander
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 10:58 PM
They're 7, 10 & 12. The one who she said touched her was the 12 yo who recently came out saying he was gay. I hope you're right & it was curiosity, I talked to my son very clearly that he can't be doing that and can get in trouble for it. I'm afraid to tell my aunt that her 6yo daughter claims to have been touched by her 12yo son. I don't know what her reaction will be.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

How old are her other brothers? If they're greatly older then it may be much more than curiosity. Maybe your aunt will be able to clarify what has been going on in her house. I hope it all pans out into nothing more than curiosity.

Quoting MyLoveAlexander: I've read alot of stories similar, and maybe you're right. I honestly feel very shaken about it, I just never seen this coming. And since my cousin walked in when I read your reply, I did talk to her and asked if there's anyone else who's ever touched her. And she said one of her older brothers, that just upsets me more because I have to tell my aunt that also. The little girl has 3 older brothers.
Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Obviously you and your better half haven't be very private about your sex life.

MyLoveAlexander
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:16 PM
He has his own room and I just highly doubt that's the case.

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously you and your better half haven't be very private about your sex life.

Mrs.Pedro
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry to hear that! It sounds like her son may have been touched wongly by someone and is repeating the behavior. I hope they can get to the bottom of it and maybe get some counseling or their kiddos. Just be there for her, because it sounds like it may be a rough time for her and your family :(

Quoting MyLoveAlexander: They're 7, 10 & 12. The one who she said touched her was the 12 yo who recently came out saying he was gay. I hope you're right & it was curiosity, I talked to my son very clearly that he can't be doing that and can get in trouble for it. I'm afraid to tell my aunt that her 6yo daughter claims to have been touched by her 12yo son. I don't know what her reaction will be.
Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

vilandra
by Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
they were probably just curious, you know, "your parts are different than mine" thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)