Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I might get kicked out of the house....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 49 Replies

I wanted to go out for my birthday this weekend.  I planned to do something with my husband on Saturday since we def. have a babysitter and hardly get adult alone time.  I also wanted to do a Girl's only night Friday at a local bar.  Apparently this is grounds for my DH to tell me that if I go Friday, I should not plan on coming back.  I hardly ever get to go out because I am in (2) graduate programs and the rest of the time I'm not doing school related stuff, I am spending time with my daughter and DH. 

He reasons that it is selfish of me to want to go somewhere without him and dangerous to go to a bar (that is a block away from my friend's house where we would stay the night) without him or another guy to make sure I don't get assaulted. I see this as a control issue or that he doesn't trust me for some reason. 

Anyone else think DH has been visiting Crazy town or am I not seeing both sides?

*FYI* I could totally stay with my friends if he really wanted to be serious about his threat.

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:13 PM
8 moms liked this
He is being controlling. Contrary to his belief, he can't kick you out. If he wants to leave..more power to him..but he can't kick you (you can't kick him out either).
Tell him to get over it. If he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is...don't let it hit him in the ass, on the way out.
amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I think you are entitled to have some time toyourself. You seem to work hard. does he get time to go hang out with friends? why shouldn't you??

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Sounds bizzare to me. Tell him you need a girls night, and he can go out with his friends sometime and you'll be happy for him. What is his worry, really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Personally I think you have no business in a bar setting you are just asking for trouble.  You're a mom and have a responsbility to keep yourself safe for the sake of your child. 

I agree with your DH. 

nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Can you do a girls evening out that your husband is comfortable with ?
The easiest way to survive a marriage is compromise :)
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:02 PM
7 moms liked this
Hahahaha oh, please! give me a break!

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally I think you have no business in a bar setting you are just asking for trouble.  You're a mom and have a responsbility to keep yourself safe for the sake of your child. 

I agree with your DH. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG WTF should she do stay at home reading her bible? she has everyright to go out to a Bar if she wants to. go back to the 1950s or whatev3r deccade you came from
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this
THIS .he needs to seek some help. or you need to take your child and leave. the fact that he dosent want you to go out without him even IF it is to a bar is a red flag.

Quoting offrdngal: He is being controlling. Contrary to his belief, he can't kick you out. If he wants to leave..more power to him..but he can't kick you (you can't kick him out either).
Tell him to get over it. If he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is...don't let it hit him in the ass, on the way out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Oh spare me! I was just last week in two bars with a gf and no hubby. LE GASP!!! THE FUCKING HORROR. We invited hubby, but he declined. I'm a mom and a grandmother. Get over yourself.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with your DH. 

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Sounds like trust issues
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)