Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Husbands with s***ty personalities

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM
  • 22 Replies
My husband is a smart, reserved, caring husband. The quite mind of a scientist is a b*tch to deal with at times. Last night my daughter sat with him to watch tv and as she enjoyed the moment with him, as I look at the selfies of both of them, my daughter is smiling and happy to have spent some quality time with him. While his face is that of WTF get off me and there's no power on earth that would make me smile or look like I'm enjoying this moment with you. What the heck happend to (it might not be important for me, but it is for her, let me crack a quick fake smile??) ughh... Also, (separate issue), normally he's the type that when I ask a question, he just shrugs his shoulders and doesn't give an answer. Today I followed up on something I asked this past Saturday. *this past saturday* wtf!! And his answer when I told him "are you finally going to answer my question" was: you're just now following up? .... All I can say is that I sent him to work with his ears full of this Latina. I don't freaking have to follow up on you!! Give me an answer when I ask a question, darn it! Who the hell you think you are for me to always follow up as if you're my boss?? Done with my rant!!
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
L202M
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:20 AM
4 moms liked this

My DH used to be like that. It drove me crazy. I felt like I was always trying harder and harder to get him to respond, to get him to lighten up...anything. Until one day I realized that the more he acted so indifferent to EVERYTHING,  the more I was nicer.  I realized that that was stupid because I was, in essence, rewarding his aloofness with extra kindness and attention. So I became indifferent myself. I wasn't mean in any way, I just "held back". I guess he didn't like a dose of his own medicine because he eventually stopped being that way and started to come around.  Ever since I learned this, I have done it with 2 other people and it worked both times.

It's funny how our personalities tend for us to be nicest to the people that least deserve it. Whether it be friends or even clerks at the grocery store. I guess we get intimidated by them and try to please. IDK.

happyolechimp
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM
6 moms liked this
those cast iron skillets your grandma had...weren't just for cooking....BAM!..good luck hun..
JRSMOM0621
We are getting a puppy!! I'm so excited. His name is Dragon (thanks to my 2 year old lol) He is so cute!!
Yesterday at 3:01 PM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this

Yep we must have the same husband lol My husband this morning I told him about my drs appointment I had asked about taking out money for a concert I have been telling him the past month about. He looks at me and says "When were you going to tell me about this?"... are you kidding me? I swear he tries to get on my nerves. Unfortuantely I have my great grandmother's Irish temper and foul mouth :/ I am sure his ears are still ringing from me going off on him lol I just wish I had my cast iron in my hand. I am more like my great grandma than he thinks.

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
JRSMOM0621
We are getting a puppy!! I'm so excited. His name is Dragon (thanks to my 2 year old lol) He is so cute!!
Yesterday at 3:01 PM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

lol my great grandma's favorite weapon!

Quoting happyolechimp: those cast iron skillets your grandma had...weren't just for cooking....BAM!..good luck hun..

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
alexsmomma06
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Sorry, but I wouldn't have married a man with a shitty personality. There is no way I could deal with a man like that.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I am married to a similar type, but we are separated now. They are very difficult to deal with. My husband also became an alcoholic and that is the last straw. Good luck, people don't change much but sometimes just a few little tiny changes can make things tolerable, I suggest couples counseling.

Mother2onecutie
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to be married to one.  I am very outgoing and after 17 years of marriage, he still would not have conversations with my family unless spoken to first.  Then it was one or two words.  Well, when I got a $1500 cell phone bill from him talking to other women, I said good-bye.  You can run up a cell phone bill of that magnitude but you can't answer my questions or have a friendly conversation.  Unacceptable.  It has been 5 years and my dogs still loves me.  I talk to him and he is okay with it.  He talks back too!!!

KenneMaw
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM

You know the standard response - you married the man and had kids with him knowing he was this way.   I hope your DD can understand that she isn't the problem, he is.  Having a cold, reserved Dad can really hurt a girl and she may go looking for father figures and love in a different place when she get older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Men are different creatures and THINK much differently then women....We ask and want a answer immediately...Men are THINKERS and need time to THINK..so give him the time...tell him what ever it is  you want to say and then say" think about it" you don't have to answer right now but I would like a answer by wednesday....I do this with DH..and tell him to let me know..He never forgets and always has a answer usually within 6-12-24 hours at the most   and if its URGENT I tell him it is and need a answer immediately..and he does....it works for me/us...LOL..

My DH is a cancer and adores our family...especially the children and grand children , he is very talkative and has a great personality with two PHDs so he loves to talk about anything and is always smiling..loves to cuddle with the kids and me....I guess its your DH personality, .does he like kids or want kids...or maybe not into girls?..what sign is he??

Maybe do some numerology on his birh date and it probably will match exactly who he is..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I was young and dumb and married a prick the first time around. I learned my lesson and married a gem the 2nd time around. People don't change so if you're holding your breath that he will change, he won't, sorry to say. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)