Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

The company where I contract at did not send flowers

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 28 Replies
Hi. I know this is the past and what is done is done but still wanted to vent. I have been contracting for 3 years at a multi billion dollar biotech firm. My sister in law died last November. She had severe Down's syndrome. I did not expect to get paid for bereavement leave but I think it's very shitty that they did not send flowers. I think that's because I am a contractor. But still I was thinking about it this week for some reason. I guess because I had to ask my boss to plz approve my time sheet electronically. Asked her 3x. Guess I am still mad about not getting any sympathy flowers last year. Thanks for letting me vent
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
What did she die from, and how old? I'm sorry for your loss, and I wouldn't have expected them to send flowers for your family member.
marymad07
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM
She was 49 and had end stage dementia. My husbands company did sent flowers and received a prompt thank you
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this

The place i work for sends flowers only for immediate family.  Not in laws.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Most companies send flowers for immediate family members of the employee. Also, you are a CONTRACTOR...not a permanent. Big difference. You are being petty.
KsAangel25
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM
An independent contact that I worked with was with the company since 1941. I was sad and disgusted that the company not only did not send flowers. No one even came to the funeral.
marymad07
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM
That is pretty bad. Sorry to hear
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:25 AM

sorry, my boss didn't ask me to send them until the service was already over. 

aphrodite7400
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM

i wouldnt expect them for a non immediate family member. sorry for your loss.  was she your husbands sister? 

surromama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't expect my employer to send flowers for an inlaw passing, maybe for immediate family. I don't know any company that would. If that was your husbands sister, then that was immediate family and makes more sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marymad07
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Yes she was my husbands sister.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)