Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

So I talked to my sister this morning at 830 or so German time which was like midnight in Cali I think, and she wasn't doing to well. She kept having bad thoughts of hurting herself, she couldn't get them to go away. She kept saying that she isn't strong enough to go on and things like that. She is manic depressive, bi-polar and has severe depression. Her meds don't seem to be working for her anymore. I am scared that she did something to hurt herself. Our brother killed himself at 26 in 2006, and I had an off feeling the morning that we got the call, and I am having that feeling again. It scares me. So if I could get some prayers please, I would appreciate it. 

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Runner36
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM

I just read this post.  SOOO happy for you that your sister is okay and she was aware enough to put herself in the 72 hour hold.  Sending up prayers for your sister and you!

WendyGalecki
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Prayers for both your sister and you.

Jehovah is my God, my Father, my Friend!   

Wendy Galecki-Polk
Jeremiah 29:11-13

123dream6
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:28 PM

praying.. praying

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Positive thoughts coming your way!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I'm glad she seeked help. And thoughts and prayers for her, you and your families. I hope she gets the care she desperately needs. Is she in the military or a wife?  Why does she live in Germany?  

I know those type of illnesses are very hard on the patients and their families.  Hoping and praying for all of you that they help her heal,  its rough been there and had a suicide in my family too. He was very ill, so I have to think this was what he wanted he was in severe pain many years. ( cancer) plus had some mental illness issues that took over his entire life and there was no cure or anything that really helped him..I believe he is at peace now. It's all I can hope for. Keep Talking and let her know how much she is loved.

ItsaJOB
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Does she live with anybody else, or by herself?  Is there a neighbor or friend you could call to go check on her, or even stay with her?  She is so far away I know it must hurt that you cannot be there to help.  Does she believe in God?  I have a son the same way.  He lost his faith, and his suffering has become much worse.  If one does not have something to get them through, this is very, very difficult (for family and the person suffering).  Praying things will continue to look up.

MrsViau
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Thank you. She can't seem to find the right combo yet. I'm hoping she will. They think I an also, but I haven't been diagnosed yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

iam praying for you and iam bi-polar . It took me a while before i found the right combo . hope it works out.

MrsViau
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Thank you! I'm so happy she was able to find that little bit of strength that she needed.

Quoting Runner36:

I just read this post.  SOOO happy for you that your sister is okay and she was aware enough to put herself in the 72 hour hold.  Sending up prayers for your sister and you!

MrsViau
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting WendyGalecki:

Prayers for both your sister and you.

MrsViau
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting 123dream6:

praying.. praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN