Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

obgyn rant

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
Omfg so I'm 20wks pregnant. I have this ob
I'm not sure I even like.he's an idiot. Had an ultrasound at 15wks said I was having a boy. On wensday I had another one he said oh its a girl.. I think... Told him I was having headaches.he actually told me it was healthy to drink up to 2 energy drinks a day... He's a rushy person. Rushes thru the appt won't even sit down. I got stuck with him. I told them I wanted a female.they sent me to an idiot..
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:58 PM
I think I would be changing doctors
sami_henkel
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I plan on it. Iv only changed four times now..

Quoting Anonymous: I think I would be changing doctors
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Lol hopefully this will be the last time

Quoting sami_henkel: I plan on it. Iv only changed four times now..

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Hopefully you can change soon because once your so far they don't like taking you.

He doesn't sound like a good doctor tho. I was told 1-3cups of caffeine are ok a day but not energy drinks. Things like coffee tea pop.
sami_henkel
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I hope ur right. Seems like I just don't feel comfortable with any I have found

Quoting Anonymous: Lol hopefully this will be the last time

Quoting sami_henkel: I plan on it. Iv only changed four times now..

sami_henkel
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Ya that's what I was told with my son. This one is like oh it won't hurt the baby. He won't even tell me what hospital I will b delivering at.

Quoting lilmama8408: Hopefully you can change soon because once your so far they don't like taking you.

He doesn't sound like a good doctor tho. I was told 1-3cups of caffeine are ok a day but not energy drinks. Things like coffee tea pop.
vilandra
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM
You don't get to pick the hospital?? drinking 300 g or less of caffeine is ok. my doctor okayed a soda a day for me (no caffeine gave me migraines) I hope you find a better doctor soon

Quoting sami_henkel: Ya that's what I was told with my son. This one is like oh it won't hurt the baby. He won't even tell me what hospital I will b delivering at.

Quoting lilmama8408: Hopefully you can change soon because once your so far they don't like taking you.

sami_henkel
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM
He said it all depended on my insurance. Which is stupid. My way of payment shouldn't determine anything

Quoting vilandra: You don't get to pick the hospital?? drinking 300 g or less of caffeine is ok. my doctor okayed a soda a day for me (no caffeine gave me migraines) I hope you find a better doctor soon

Quoting sami_henkel: Ya that's what I was told with my son. This one is like oh it won't hurt the baby. He won't even tell me what hospital I will b delivering at.

sheramom4
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Quoting sami_henkel: He said it all depended on my insurance. Which is stupid. My way of payment shouldn't determine anything
Quoting vilandra: You don't get to pick the hospital?? drinking 300 g or less of caffeine is ok. my doctor okayed a soda a day for me (no caffeine gave me migraines) I hope you find a better doctor soon
Quoting lilmama8408: Hopefully you can change soon because once your so far they don't like taking you. He doesn't sound like a good doctor tho. I was told 1-3cups of caffeine are ok a day but not energy drinks. Things like coffee tea pop.

Not all hospitals accept all insurance plans. 

And why have you changed four times? 

He may have said energy drinks because caffeine can help with a headache and the medications are less safe. Coffee can make some pregnant women nauseous. 

sami_henkel
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM
True. But the ones he said I no take it. It was just weird. I asked bout soda he said no! N is like if u don't want to drink energy drinks I will give u caffeine pills....

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting sami_henkel: He said it all depended on my insurance. Which is stupid. My way of payment shouldn't determine anything

Not all hospitals accept all insurance plans. 

And why have you changed four times? 

He may have said energy drinks because caffeine can help with a headache and the medications are less safe. Coffee can make some pregnant women nauseous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN