Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My children and I keep getting a mysterious illness

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
For the third time this year, my children and I are sick. We all get fevers around 102 with no other symptoms. I do get chills at night though. My DF doesn't seem to get sick but he doesn't check his temperature.

We didn't go anywhere this time. We've been home for days before getting sick. The first time this happened, I just thought it was the Flu but now I have NO idea! The first time this happened, my youngest was 2 months and I brought her to the ER for the fever. They did a chest xray and said everything looked fine.

Does anyone know what this could be???
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM
3 moms liked this

have your house checked for black mold

Justamon
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Yep! There seems to be toxicity in your home....my daughters bedroom was filled with it due to a leak in the shower. Your DH might have some symptoms, just not showing the strong symptoms since he is out of the house during the day...she was sick every few weeks with fever, and sinus infections. Be quick because children and their weak immunity are more prone to lasting effects. Good luck! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Scary!!! Thank you so much for the heads up. I didn't even think it could be something like this!

Quoting Justamon:

Yep! There seems to be toxicity in your home....my daughters bedroom was filled with it due to a leak in the shower. Your DH might have some symptoms, just not showing the strong symptoms since he is out of the house during the day...she was sick every few weeks with fever, and sinus infections. Be quick because children and their weak immunity are more prone to lasting effects. Good luck! 

PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Malaria?

 

vanillaorchida
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this

There are a variety of molds...not just black mold...and not all black molds are cancer causing toxic.

That being said...all molds give off toxins...and to those who are alergic...chronic exposure causes allergic reaction which creates phlegm...the constant moisture in the sinus cavities...allows sinus infections to grow...

For some people the sinus infections drain down their throats...and then they get sore throats...then it goes down into their lungs and they get bronchitis or pneumonia.

Lowering the humidity in your home to around 40% helps because mold can't grow in such dry condtions...that doesn't get rid of the mold spores in your home...it just stops the mold you have from growing more.

You can order a hygrometer from any wine conoseur supplier.

You can buy a DE-humidifier from Sears. They suck the moisture out of the air and collect it in a bucket you drain every so often.

Areas mold usually grows...inside the spindle of a washing machine...the lint from the dryer that gets stuck in the vent pipes. Shower/tub surrounds...under sinks...leaky toilets, windows and roofs that leak.

Leaky basements and crawl spaces...condensation from uninsulated pipes and AC ductwork.

Bathrooms with out proper ventilation to the outside. (Some unethical builders install exhaust vents but don't duct them to the outside...they just suck the moisture of your hot steamy showers right up into the attic and mold up your attic.

Improperly installed AC units can create moisture build up that grows mold and every time you turn on your AC the mold spores get blown throughout your home.


Then there's infestations...out west...mice infestations can expose humans to Hantha Virus.

Cockroaches, ants...they carry all kinds of bacteria that can make you sick.

Then there's snakes...I saw on tv a home that had snakes multiplying in their crawl space and in their drinking water well.

Then there is your water supply...when was the last time you had it tested?

Then there are pets...they can carry infections that humans can also get.

Then there is radon gas...which rises up from granite comes up into the basement/crawlspace and enters the home.

Then there is carbon monoxide gas...from a furnace/heater/car in the garage that leaks into the home.

Good luck and God bless as you try to figure out what's going on.

Pray for inspiration...God will let you know.

Hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Cab you get it without traveling?

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Malaria?


 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Check fro black mold. Also, keep a food diary and cut sugar intake

happynewyorker
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM

mold??  I saw a show the other day on mold making a family sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)