Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

HIDING BEHIND ANONYMOUS???

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 90 Replies

Has anyone else noticed how many times posts are being posted by 'ANONYMOUS'?

What is up with that? Are these all a joke or what? The last few days I've been on this site I seem to be noticing more of these?

I was gone from CafeMom for quite a few months and just recently cam back to be involved and I'm quite disappointed in some of the posts and people's views...saddens me...

by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dee0886
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Just people posting when they don't want others to know who they really are. Those women are usually the most hypocritical or just downright bitchy just because types anyway. I particularly don't pay much attention to those.
whooperz
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember I took a long break a long time ago and I had no idea they did an anon option I remember saying who is this anon bitch lol had no idea. I don't believe. 90% of the moms here anon or not
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Question for you:  Why join a group that has the anonymous button?

mommyecr3
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM
4 moms liked this

Seriously??? Is that what YOU look for in a group? Whether or not it allows for or has an ANONYMOUS-BUTTON?

Personally, I select a group to be a part of based on the content it covers. Based on the type of members the group may include.

I didn't even know about 'the special button' and I don't need to offer my name, rank or ss# either, anonymous.

Quoting Anonymous:

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM
3 moms liked this

It drives me nuts too! Just say who you are. I think people do it because no matter what you post someone has to be rude and attack you so I think that is why. 

I don't like it when people respond to posts with anonymous and they say something rude, if your gonna be that one person who has to be negative then atleast have the balls to do it without hiding behind anonymous!

mommyecr3
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Right. I mean we all know that there are rules and guidelines for each group we join and if we are respectful people we will follow them. No one needs to be paranoid if rules are being followed and no fear should be felt if you can stand behind what you say. This site is meant to join only those groups you want to be a part of. If you are they type that wants to vent and get nasty there are even those kind of groups!!! We got ya covered! Go crazy, but do it honestly...enjoy yourself. Don't hide.

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

It drives me nuts too! Just say who you are. I think people do it because no matter what you post someone has to be rude and attack you so I think that is why. 

I don't like it when people respond to posts with anonymous and they say something rude, if your gonna be that one person who has to be negative then atleast have the balls to do it without hiding behind anonymous!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If you disapprove of the group's anon button feel free to Contact Admin and voice your disapproval of it or just leave the group.

Quoting mommyecr3:

Seriously??? Is that what YOU look for in a group? Whether or not it allows for or has an ANONYMOUS-BUTTON?

Personally, I select a group to be a part of based on the content it covers. Based on the type of members the group may include.

I didn't even know about 'the special button' and I don't need to offer my name, rank or ss# either, anonymous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

Don't like the anonymous button then this group isn't for you.   There are plenty of other groups out there that don't have this feature.  Feel free to leave.    

JaeSung
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Or how about just not using the anonymous option as an excuse to be rude? Why should we have to avoid groups that have the option to post anonymously?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

Don't like the anonymous button then this group isn't for you.   There are plenty of other groups out there that don't have this feature.  Feel free to leave.    

mommyecr3
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Please understand that I never stated that I disapproved of the ANON-button. I have absolutely nothing to go to Admin about...there hasn't been any rules broken and I wouldn't waste their time. That is an extreme comment/suggestion in which I have no idea where it may have come from. I just enjoy being a part of discussions and like to share by standing behind what I say.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you disapprove of the group's anon button feel free to Contact Admin and voice your disapproval of it or just leave the group.

Quoting mommyecr3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)