Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Flip flops suck

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM
  • 65 Replies
I love flip flops, I'm not a shoe person, but I have 4 pairs of flip flops.

The other day my right foot started hurting. I didn't do anything to it. It's not swollen or anything. The only thing I can think of is the flip flops caused the pain. I was looking it up and I could have tendinitis. It hurts so bad to walk.

I love wearing skirts in the summer and feel stupid wearing sneakers with skirts. I guess I'm just going to have to suck up the pain and wear the flip flops anyway. Errr this sucks.

Has this happened to anyone else?
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NUNU579
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't call it flip flops here in HI, we call it slippers. I love wearing them more than shoes, or barefoot cause I'm used to it.
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Do you have a high arch? Flag shoes do that to me. Especially if walking a lot. Some sandals and flip flops have support for the arch. 

thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:00 AM
I broke both feet and ankles about a year ago and as a result ended up with multiple orthopedists, a podiatrist and a surgeon.
My feet were so swollen (and still are, they have never healed) that I had to wear flip flops to my office visits and every single one lectured me on how awful flip flops are.

They aren't supportive, don't cushion impact, the physical muscle movements required to walk in them hurt your body etc.

If there is any lesson I can give you from my ramblings and 40k+ in medical bills from my issues.. burn the flip flops and never look back.
proudmother5946
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM
My favorite slippers actually have arch support. They're made by Columbia. I can't wear just the cheap ones. I generally pay about $50-60 for mine.
mm_mom515
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:25 AM
No, I've always worn flip flops in the summer and this has never happened.

Quoting VinVanMom:

Do you have a high arch? Flag shoes do that to me. Especially if walking a lot. Some sandals and flip flops have support for the arch. 

mummyoftwins92
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
In australia it's mostly what we all wear here but we call them thongs lol. .
Why not wear sandles or flats?

Quoting mm_mom515: I love flip flops, I'm not a shoe person, but I have 4 pairs of flip flops.

The other day my right foot started hurting. I didn't do anything to it. It's not swollen or anything. The only thing I can think of is the flip flops caused the pain. I was looking it up and I could have tendinitis. It hurts so bad to walk.

I love wearing skirts in the summer and feel stupid wearing sneakers with skirts. I guess I'm just going to have to suck up the pain and wear the flip flops anyway. Errr this sucks.

mm_mom515
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I'm looking at sandals, I'm not crazy about the style of most flats and sandals.

Quoting mummyoftwins92: In australia it's mostly what we all wear here but we call them thongs lol. .
Why not wear sandles or flats?

Quoting mm_mom515: I love flip flops, I'm not a shoe person, but I have 4 pairs of flip flops.

Robin-Christine
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I do not wear flip flops anymore b/c I walk too much and burn thru them  too fast

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Flip flops are not supportive. I love them too & thankfully they don't cause me any problems but they are not good for your feet :(

ladymaleficent
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Florida mam a here .I live in them I don't even own sneakers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)