Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Little girl bathing suits...

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM
  • 164 Replies
11 moms liked this

Why is it so hard to find one that is appropriate?

I am by no means a prude or one of those "you must be completely covered from head to toe" parents..... but why did I have to go to 6 different stores to find a bathing suit that didn't have a "v" cut to it? My daughter is 6, she does not have boobs! She does not have cleavage! There is nothing there to show, so why are they all so low cut? Even one pieces had the issue.

I couldn't get her a one piece bc she is tall and skinny so none fit right.... so we checked out tankinis... EVEN THEY ALL ARE INAPPROPRIATE. 

Walmart and target were by far the worst! I finally found some at h&m that were more like "training bra" topped, so I did get some.

It was just extremely frustrating and I do not understand why it was so hard to find one that wasn't completely wrong for a 6 year old! 

I shouldn't have to worry about my daughter dressing like a 16 year old! There should be more options! 

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I got my dd a cute two piece at justice. Full coverage not low cut.
TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I did find ONE at justice, I just really hate that store so I try to not give them my money. lol. That was my last resort tho!

Quoting VinVanMom: I got my dd a cute two piece at justice. Full coverage not low cut.

FlyingHottie
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM
11 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I like this one I got my girls. Not to reviling...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I hate having to shop for suits for my girls. They are 10 and 6. But I was able to find both of then very age appropriate suits at target. My 10yr old got a tankini style 2 piece, and my 6 yr old got a 1 piece that came with shorts for a cover up. The 1 piece didn't have any v-cuts and wasn't low cut. It was straight across.
TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I did see the ones with the shorts at target, but the one pieces didn't fit, she is too long and skinny.

I hateeee bathing suit shopping. It's hard bc you want to compromise and let them get something they like, but then it's like you have to narrow down the choices for them so much so you don't have to worry about creepy people looking at them!

Quoting Anonymous: I hate having to shop for suits for my girls. They are 10 and 6. But I was able to find both of then very age appropriate suits at target. My 10yr old got a tankini style 2 piece, and my 6 yr old got a 1 piece that came with shorts for a cover up. The 1 piece didn't have any v-cuts and wasn't low cut. It was straight across.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Yes, when your kid is more long than anything else, it's extra tough. :). Glad you were able to find something for her, somewhere, at least.

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

I did see the ones with the shorts at target, but the one pieces didn't fit, she is too long and skinny.

I hateeee bathing suit shopping. It's hard bc you want to compromise and let them get something they like, but then it's like you have to narrow down the choices for them so much so you don't have to worry about creepy people looking at them!

Quoting Anonymous: I hate having to shop for suits for my girls. They are 10 and 6. But I was able to find both of then very age appropriate suits at target. My 10yr old got a tankini style 2 piece, and my 6 yr old got a 1 piece that came with shorts for a cover up. The 1 piece didn't have any v-cuts and wasn't low cut. It was straight across.

laura1986
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM
2 moms liked this
I couldn't fi d an appropriate 1 for my 6 yr old dd so I got her some girls' swimming trunks and a tankini top. I have more trouble finding bottoms BC she has a little junk in the trunk.
KaylaBug89
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:20 AM
9 moms liked this
I'm totally with you. It's completely ridiculous. I really don't know why people are insisting on dressing little girls like teenagers/young adults. Let them be kids.
MumsTheWord571
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I got my daughter's at the Disney store
Adrake7701
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:39 AM
I had the same issue. I ended up getting a surfers outfit for my 6 mo. With a uv protectant shirt bathing suit material And regular bottoms. I found mine at ross

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

Why is it so hard to find one that is appropriate?

I am by no means a prude or one of those "you must be completely covered from head to toe" parents..... but why did I have to go to 6 different stores to find a bathing suit that didn't have a "v" cut to it? My daughter is 6, she does not have boobs! She does not have cleavage! There is nothing there to show, so why are they all so low cut? Even one pieces had the issue.

I couldn't get her a one piece bc she is tall and skinny so none fit right.... so we checked out tankinis... EVEN THEY ALL ARE INAPPROPRIATE. 

Walmart and target were by far the worst! I finally found some at h&m that were more like "training bra" topped, so I did get some.

It was just extremely frustrating and I do not understand why it was so hard to find one that wasn't completely wrong for a 6 year old! 

I shouldn't have to worry about my daughter dressing like a 16 year old! There should be more options! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)