Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

WOrking at home and being a stay at home. cant help but feel a bit trapped

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I work from home , and I also stay at home with our "almost" 5 month old baby boy. I wouldnt trade working at home for anything, because i get more time to be with him. but im up all day, or napping when he napps. And then work from about 9:30-10Pm until 4 am the next morning . Me and my husband get a few moments together but not many, and since we have one vehicle, when hes gone, i do not have a way to get out if i wanted to. I cant help but feel not as confident as i once was, but i would like to be. I am sick of feeling bummed, overworked, or exhausted all the time. I do all the cooking, all the cleaning, Keep the baby all day, and work all night, and sometimes during the day. any tips?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Take the car some days. Drop him at work and pick him up.
Try working when baby is napping and what not to free up your nights more.
CarSeatKellie
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:09 PM

You poor woman! You deserve a break. This is a phase and you'll feel like a human again!

This is a good time of year to ask a friend to borrow their child as a mother's helper! You won't leave her with the baby alone, except for the other room. You can shower, sleep, work whatever and know that your baby is taken care of correctly. I hope you can find help soon!

lucyblue202
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM

My one tip would be MAKE time for your husband and you to do things together and also time for yourself, even if it be half an hour everyday that is just purely "you" time. It can seem impossible when you're juggling so many things during the day but it's very important to your sanity!

Maevelyn
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM

what do you do?

rockinmomto2
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You definitely need to figure out a schedule that allows for you to work during the day instead of at night. Can you hire a babysitter for a few hours every morning, then work during the baby's afternoon nap? And if you can, take the car a few days a week by dropping off your husband and picking him up after work. Being organized is you best bet at being happy.

Malibudreamin
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:09 PM

If you really do work at home, not just like Avon or something then maybe hire a nanny.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 27, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Get your husband on board with helping around the house since both of you work and find a way to get the car some days. Like, maybe, twice a week

PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:09 AM

And I bet you miss talking to adults too.  I know the feeling.

missy664
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:42 AM
You say you work from home? I work from home too. But I love and enjoy my job. Maybe you should look info doing a job that is fun and makes the time pass faster while waiting for husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)