Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Ex hid remarriage

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM
  • 21 Replies
I found out recently that my ex got remarried. He was supposed to tell me via our divorce decree, but he didn't. Our son is there with him ( he lives in another state 1200 miles away) When I found out I was cordial then he turned into a huge jerk about it. I didn't ask anything about her just I told him he should have told me. I have every right to know who lives in the household with our son. He doesn't understand that as a mother I have my sons safety first. My ex abused me and our son is taking on his tendencies. I don't trust anything he says and now who lives with him.

I am remarried and he knew of my remarriage. My ex tried to get fully custody of him because we were moving out of state. My ex had already moved out of state.

I did tell him if anything happens to our son while he's in his father and wife's care I will be extremely upset. My ex has refused to let me see my son when my son broke his leg for example.

I am to the point with my ex to not let know anything about our son. He doesn't follow the decree. He only pays $100 in child support.

Just wanting to vent
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jrom
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, what a mess.  I can see why you need to vent, and you are more than welcome to do that.  Thanks for being honest with your feelings.  For me, in the toughest of situations like these, I pray, so I will also be praying for you and your son.

- Jrom828

tiafez
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM

who has custody?

Korben0306
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM
We have joint custody.... I pay for everything- he reimburses me 50% of medical bills and he pays only $100 like I said. Medical insurance also is $130 a month.

He played me and I was scared he would hurt me if I got full custody. I should have full custody.😞
Jadegirl1819
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it's time to file for full custody.

Quoting Korben0306: We have joint custody.... I pay for everything- he reimburses me 50% of medical bills and he pays only $100 like I said. Medical insurance also is $130 a month. He played me and I was scared he would hurt me if I got full custody. I should have full custody.😞

happinessforyou
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM

He was abusive-denies you access-hides vital info. etc..etc.. That is enough to be very concerned about. What was the $100 CS comment supposed to be about? It sounds like if he paid more, it would somehow justify what he is doing??? It makes no sense to throw  that out there. If he only pays $100-take him back to court.

Korben0306
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Long story... But he's in school. He has two bachelors degrees and he's getting a masters. He's capable of getting a job but he's busy making sure the givernment pays for his schooling. (Sorry I'm bitter) I put my school on hold for my son.
Korben0306
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 12:04 AM
I already called a lawyer 😌

I need to wait a few more months and I'll pursue it. Maryland law states I have to be here for a year as a resident before I can do anything.
nmkj
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Don't stoop to his level. Continue to follow the court order until you can get it changed.
bethgoedeken
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM

You're keeping track of everything, right? You may be able to file contempt charges and get full custody.

EarlGrayHot
by on Jun. 26, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Instead of venting you should be getting a lawyer who can take him to court and make him abide by the decree.  He should be paying more money perhaps and you should have a child psychiatrist examine him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN