• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY?!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM
  • 31 Replies

The other day an older woman approached my mom as she fed my lively son breakfast in the dining area of the hotel we were staying in. The woman hounded my mom for not giving my son attention when he was clearly just enjoying the sound of his voice and getting the attention of everyone in the room. She advised my mom to "put her phone down and take the child outside where he can be stimulated, instead of being stuck with an inconsiderate parent". 

What is the most bizarre and/or unwelcome advice you've recieved as a Mom, Step-Mom, or Grandmother?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomToNeeners
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

People mainly tell me my child has behavioral problems because she doesn't have a sibling....I respond that unless they are going to make contributions to my bank account they can mind their own business.

I'm medically not supposed to have more kids and my DD has ADHD. It's part of being a 2 year old and having ADHD. This is her. Take it or leave it. And those are the exact words of her Pediatrician too!

nopenope666
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Did ahe punch her in her dumbass face?
Nothing like that has ever happened to me...unless you count the one time I EVER propped a bottle, I was getting into my friends car and ds was screaming for food so I figuted okay just for a second whili I'm RIGHT HERE finishing strapping him in. Well my friend was like "why don't you hold him instead of propping the bottle omg" um bc I have two hands, your fat ass isn't helping and I'm sorry but don't you have two kids who haven't lived with you, but are instead with your mom, since they were one and six months or something?

That's literally what I said. We arent friends anymore and her 13 yo is pregnant right now...but yeah, she's a much better mom than me lol
Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:47 PM

OMG I'd flip! Good for you for holding your ground.

By propping the bottle, do you mean putting something between the baby's chest and bottle to keep the bottle in their mouth? 

Quoting nopenope666: Did ahe punch her in her dumbass face? Nothing like that has ever happened to me...unless you count the one time I EVER propped a bottle, I was getting into my friends car and ds was screaming for food so I figuted okay just for a second whili I'm RIGHT HERE finishing strapping him in. Well my friend was like "why don't you hold him instead of propping the bottle omg" um bc I have two hands, your fat ass isn't helping and I'm sorry but don't you have two kids who haven't lived with you, but are instead with your mom, since they were one and six months or something? That's literally what I said. We arent friends anymore and her 13 yo is pregnant right now...but yeah, she's a much better mom than me lol

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM

So frustrating!!! And so true about the bank account!!! haha

Quoting MomToNeeners:

People mainly tell me my child has behavioral problems because she doesn't have a sibling....I respond that unless they are going to make contributions to my bank account they can mind their own business.

I'm medically not supposed to have more kids and my DD has ADHD. It's part of being a 2 year old and having ADHD. This is her. Take it or leave it. And those are the exact words of her Pediatrician too!

nopenope666
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I put one of his little blankets on his lap and it held it up for me basically. Not something I ever did, I actually learned that term on here lol

Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2:

By propping the bottle, do you mean putting something between the baby's chest and bottle to keep the bottle in their mouth? 

Quoting nopenope666: Did ahe punch her in her dumbass face?
Nothing like that has ever happened to me...unless you count the one time I EVER propped a bottle, I was getting into my friends car and ds was screaming for food so I figuted okay just for a second whili I'm RIGHT HERE finishing strapping him in. Well my friend was like "why don't you hold him instead of propping the bottle omg" um bc I have two hands, your fat ass isn't helping and I'm sorry but don't you have two kids who haven't lived with you, but are instead with your mom, since they were one and six months or something?

That's literally what I said. We arent friends anymore and her 13 yo is pregnant right now...but yeah, she's a much better mom than me lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:53 PM
When my son was a baby I had a diaper bag that didn't look like the typical diaper bag. It looked like an oversized purse almost. But it was a diaper bag (got it from target baby section). Well one day I went to visit my dad in the hospital with my baby and baby bag. Im walking to his room a nurse goes "um excuse me, why are you not in school today and aren't you ashamed to be a teen with a baby and you should really get an actual diaper bag."

I replied "I'm a college graduate, I'm here to see a family member and fuck off"
Kaaden
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I had a grannie type stop me while pushing the pram to tell me my child should be facing me, not outwards.  I was so shocked- I was expecting what a beautiful child type thing- that I just mumbled something about seeing the world.  Wish I had said fuck off nosy!  My child, my decision.

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Right! I gotcha. So... what's wrong with doing that?!?!

Quoting nopenope666: I put one of his little blankets on his lap and it held it up for me basically. Not something I ever did, I actually learned that term on here lol
Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2:

Quoting nopenope666: Did ahe punch her in her dumbass face? Nothing like that has ever happened to me...unless you count the one time I EVER propped a bottle, I was getting into my friends car and ds was screaming for food so I figuted okay just for a second whili I'm RIGHT HERE finishing strapping him in. Well my friend was like "why don't you hold him instead of propping the bottle omg" um bc I have two hands, your fat ass isn't helping and I'm sorry but don't you have two kids who haven't lived with you, but are instead with your mom, since they were one and six months or something? That's literally what I said. We arent friends anymore and her 13 yo is pregnant right now...but yeah, she's a much better mom than me lol

nopenope666
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Well if I wasn't literally hovering over him, could be a choking hazard. But given the situation I think she just wanted to make herself feel superior.

Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2:

Right! I gotcha. So... what's wrong with doing that?!?!

Quoting nopenope666: I put one of his little blankets on his lap and it held it up for me basically. Not something I ever did, I actually learned that term on here lol

Quoting Mom.Of.Two.2:

Quoting nopenope666: Did ahe punch her in her dumbass face?

Mom.Of.Two.2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM

A NURSE SAID THAT TO YOU?!?! Oh, HELL no! 

Quoting Anonymous: When my son was a baby I had a diaper bag that didn't look like the typical diaper bag. It looked like an oversized purse almost. But it was a diaper bag (got it from target baby section). Well one day I went to visit my dad in the hospital with my baby and baby bag. Im walking to his room a nurse goes "um excuse me, why are you not in school today and aren't you ashamed to be a teen with a baby and you should really get an actual diaper bag." I replied "I'm a college graduate, I'm here to see a family member and fuck off"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)