Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to eat healthy..

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've been struggling to eat healthy. I eat salads and get sick of it really quick. I've had salads with chicken, lobster, and tried some healthy good foods, but haven't been able to stick with it. Any moms have good recipes for weight loss and excerciseS for staying fit and tone????
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Look up Sparkpeople.com and their recipe site sparkrecipes.com.
newwifenmom
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Mix it up but stick with real foods-lean meats, veggies, fruits, whole grains, anything with more than 5 ingredients is probably bad for you. Watch condiments too.
As far as exercise do what you're into. www.30dayfitnesschallenges.com has helped me when I got stuck in a rut with workouts.
I wish you the best.
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Grilled Cesar salad
Chicken Avacado salad
Chicken stir fry with lots of veggies and brown rice
Fish brown rice and veggie
Baked chicken veggies and rice
Egg white omelette
Vegetable soup
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I find eating clean is better for me than a diet of salads. Salads are boring. Like today, I had a turkey sandwich on multigrain bread with some mayo (single servings worth), mustard, and a bunch of baby spinach, plus a mug of miso soup. I'll have an orange or a rice cake with some pb later for a snack. Eating like this, I lose between 2 and 4 lbs a week. Oh, and drinking LOTS of water.

KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:21 PM
You don't need to eat salad everyday. I lost about 60lbs and it came from logging my food on LoseIt and eating more veggies, less meat and less (bad) carbs.

I did the C25K program. I used my stationary bike ( http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Exerpeutic-Space-Saver-Magnetic-Upright-Exercise-Bike-with-Heart-Pulse-Sensors/19526003)

danced to my Xbox kinect games. Were my exercises of choice. I also watch fitnessblender on YT
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)