Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously put your phone down

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
So we are moving in like 3 weeks meaning I have just 3 weekends left with my mom before we move for her to spend time with me and the grandkids. She knows this. We have her over every Sunday and some Mondays for dinner but she spends like 90% of the time on her phone. Now that the move date is fast approaching she is complaining she doesn't see the boys enough. I'm so hurt because I'm very close to my mom she is all I have moving away form her will be difficult so I cherish the time I have with her but she would rather sit on her phone and Facebook all night. I want to say something but I also don't want it to end up as a fight right before I leave either. It just really annoys and hurts me.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ohioblessed4
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I am very sorry that you have to go through that. I also understand how you feel. I am not in the absolute same situation, and I don't want to make this about me. I am not sure what to tell you how to handle it. I would have to listen to my own advice to an extent. lol    Maybe you could have one of the boys whisper to her that Mommy wishes you would get off the phone when she is visiting. I don't know. Don't spend time being angry at her, she may not even realize that she is hurting your feelings. She will soon realize how much she misses you.  I wish you well with your move.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I know it's hurtful but I think I'd just straight up tell her you only have so much time left and if she truly misses spending time with them she needs to get off the phone and be present during her visits or she may as well stay home. I don't think it has to be a fight, just be honest. She's wasting everyone's time if she's "visiting" but has got her snoot stuck in FB all night. She could just do that at home. Tell her if she comes over, she leaves her phone with you for the visit. If it rings, she can pick it up, otherwise she just needs to visit. If she chooses her phone over visiting, then so be it. I can't stand people who never get out of their phones to live their real lives and I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)