Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Is it wrong that I plan to stay single for the rest of my life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I was in a 6 year relationship. It was nothing but stress for me. There were incidents where it seemed as though he was cheating, even a woman claiming she slept with him but I could never get any truth out of him. He always turned it around on me and made me feel crazy. He also never did anything. I always had to cater to him. He'd never do anything to make me feel happy.

Now that I'm out of the relationship, I feel so free and HAPPY for once. I have no one to answer to, I can just live life.

I never want to be tied down, ever again. I also dont want another man around my daughters.

Am I crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellawomen
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  You have to do what is right for you.  Be open to love if someone enters your life, but that doesn't mean you have to be actively searching for it.

That is sort of where I am.  I am currently divorcing and firmly believe in finishing what you started, so I will not even date until my divorce is final.  But, I was in the relationship for almost 15 years.  He cheated on me with multiple women and hide money like no other.  That said, I am just taking this time to be me and be a mother.  I don't need someone else in my life and I can be an amazing person without an attachment.  I think one has to truly be happy within themselves or they will never be happy in a relationship.  Too many people just jump from one relationship too another.  Take time for yourself, no matter if that means a lifetime.

believer_57
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this

I was mariied ofr 9 years. On our first anniversary, I told my husband if we ever divorced I would never remarry.  I hated it!  And I never have.  My divorce was in 1988, and I've been very happily divorced for all these years.

paper-bag
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM
You're not crazy! I'm happy for you and you should enjoy being single
mummyoftwins92
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Your not crazy it makes total sense! Just focus on you and what you want to accomplish. Who knows what the future will also bring!
steeljello
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i was in a similar type of bad relationship, only worse, he was controlling, physically abusive and just really impossible to deal with. I said the same thing after i left him, that I would be single forever. Trust me, eventually the novelty of being single & "free" wears off. It's nice to have someone to share life with who deserves you and you also love, also someone to take care of you when you are sick or had a bad day. 4 years afer leaving my ex and saying I'd be single forever, i got married to my husband.

KikiKia
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

No, you are wise.

If (God forbids) something happens to DH, whether death or divorce.

I will be single for the rest of my life. 

proudmother5946
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Not crazy at all! I feel the same way. I spent 15 years with my daughter's father. Constantly being told I couldn't survive on my own etc.
Well I can. Would it be nice to have someone to share my life with? Yes, but I'm afraid to even try at this point. Maybe I'm meant to be alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM

No, you're not crazy, you've been hurt. I would say, however, that a good relationship is wonderful, and I wonder why you are going to allow that POS of a man who treated you so poorly to take away your chances of a wonderful relationship?  I realize you need a break and to just be on your own for a while, but I would just like to say not all men are like that and if you stay single just because you don't want to deal with another guy like him, then he not only stole the time you were together away from you, he's stolen all of it. I don't think I'd want to give him that power in my life. I hope that whtever you do and choose, it makes you happy. It's a major thing to get away from a guy like that, so you can be very happy about that! Good luck, mama.

PogoPalOj
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Nope, not at all.  My mom has a good friend that is a retired Lt Col. (flight nurse) that has never been married or had kids.  She is perfectly happy and no one has the right to judge.  My best friend has never been married.  No problem. I hope you have a long and happy single life!good

BrutalTruth
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Nope. You don't NEED to be with someone, nothing wrong with that at all:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)