Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Why is "Redneck" such a term to be proud of?!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM
  • 281 Replies
22 moms liked this

OMG seriously?!

There is a HUGE difference between being country, and being a redneck.

If you say you're "country" then that means you're old fashioned, you have values, you're simple (meaning you don't need alot to be happy) You can read, write, AND SPELL. I think apple pies cooling on a window sill, red checkered table cloths. You enjoy hunting, and fishing. You can keep a CLEAN home...

Okay maybe not completely to this extent but you get the point. (or I'd hope so at least)

There is nothing wrong with that.

Now, if you run around bragging that you're a "redneck" then I think you're trash. Period.

I think trailer, beer, filthy yard, nasty children, two ton Betty wives, NASCAR, rebel flag tattoos, ignorance, racism, illiteracy, and sheer stupidity.

People need to learn the difference before they categorize themselves.

There. Rant over.

by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjmorrison
by Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:39 PM
33 moms liked this

originaly "redneck" was a term used to describe people that worked the fields that fed the community (red sunburned neck).

WillowRose24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah... But it's not used like that anymore... Back in those days you could get away with saying that they were just hard working country folk. "Oh you're a redneck? Must have been in the field all day" Now it's, "Oh, you're a redneck? How much EBT did you get this month?" lol

Give one a spelling test! They're stupid anymore! People have just ruined the term.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I live in an area where people are so proud to call themselves that and most of them that do, fit your description to a t.
WillowRose24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I agree. I live in an area where people are so proud to call themselves that and most of them that do, fit your description to a t.

Right? Same here!! LOL I know I'll get all kinds of bashed over this. But DAMN. Sometimes I just want to look at people and say, "Really? C'mon now.."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM
25 moms liked this

Okay, I'll remember to stop using the term redneck to make people happy. In my opinion, redneck and being country are the same. Hicks are the trashy ones. I am NOT trashy, I can spell, read, write, ect. I have standards that a lot dont understand. I hate apple pie though... Just sayin'.

Oh, and some people use that term when they're joking around. So if someone calls themselves one, quit jumping on your judgy horse. 

WillowRose24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay, I'll remember to stop using the term redneck to make people happy. In my opinion, redneck and being country are the same. Hicks are the trashy ones. I am NOT trashy, I can spell, read, write, ect. I have standards that a lot dont understand. I hate apple pie though... Just sayin'.

Oh, and some people use that term when they're joking around. So if someone calls themselves one, quit jumping on your judgy horse. 

Well, if you classify yourself as a redneck... Then I'll assume you are trash. It's simple. And yes, Hicks are trash too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:10 PM
19 moms liked this

Well, you know what they say about ASSuming.

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, if you classify yourself as a redneck... Then I'll assume you are trash. It's simple. And yes, Hicks are trash too.

WillowRose24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Rather be an ass than a redneck. ; )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM
24 moms liked this

Wow.  I live in a $500k home that is paid for, am completely debt-free, retired since the age of 45 (9 years now), my kids AND grandchildren are finacially set and dh and I love NASCAR along with an occasional beer!

I am highly educated, hold an English degree, dh has a degree, all 4 kids have degrees, houses are clean, wine cellars are full of good wines and imported beer, plus so much more I won't bother to list.

So, that having been said, since we like NASCAR and an occasional beer, do you consider US "rednecks"?  I mean, you DID list NASCAR and beer in that "redneck trash" list of yours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Yeah. Have fun with that. I'll just sit over here and enjoy my life. :) Have a nice day.

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting Anonymous:

Rather be an ass than a redneck. ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)