Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Money isn't everything!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
7 moms liked this

I've lost both of my parents recently and inherited a lot of money.  While it's obviously much easier having the money, it hasn't brought me any happiness.  In fact, I miss the days where I worked, saved money and struggled a little.  I was actually much happier then.  Some people put so much value into money and I just don't get it.  I know we need it to live and it makes life easier.  But, I would seriously be happier if I were poor right now with my parents.  If you are struggling with money right now, but have your family alive and well, please realize that you are actually very rich. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this
You can always send me the money and go back to struggling lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM
This makes me sad. You don't know how lucky you are. I'm crying at night because I'm somewhere I don't want to be. I can't afford a monthly bus pass to get around. It hard to live here on a Walmart salary
An0nym0use
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Then give your money away and go back to struggling.
NativeMamaDuke
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I know what you mean! My culture (im native american) strongly embraces family over money. My tribe only pays us a fraction of what we would get paid elsewhere and makes it harder to raise a kid but we have alot of family to help :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM
5 moms liked this

The point of my post was to show people how having money doesn't always bring you happiness.  I have money but my parents are DEAD.  When I was struggling, my parents were alive, which is why I was happier.  So, I was trying to make a point to people who are struggling to realize that if you have family around you, you are lucky.  Obviously, if you are broke and have no family, I am really, really sorry because no one should have to go through that. 

Quoting An0nym0use: Then give your money away and go back to struggling.

nerdymom28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I have most of my family, but I struggle just to pay bills and buy enough food to get through the month. Comparing hardships is pretty pointless, because either way it's hard. Sometimes the grass is just shitty on both sides of the fence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say.  Family is the most important thing in the world. 

Quoting NativeMamaDuke:

I know what you mean! My culture (im native american) strongly embraces family over money. My tribe only pays us a fraction of what we would get paid elsewhere and makes it harder to raise a kid but we have alot of family to help :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM

If you've watched someone suffer and die, you'd know what I mean.  Not comparing, just pointing out that life is precious and money isn't everything. 

Quoting nerdymom28:

I have most of my family, but I struggle just to pay bills and buy enough food to get through the month. Comparing hardships is pretty pointless, because either way it's hard. Sometimes the grass is just shitty on both sides of the fence.

nerdymom28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I have, unfortunately, watched a loved one wither away into nothing and die. I agree - life IS precious, and money ISN'T everything. But to compare financial hardship to the loss of loved ones is like comparing apples to oranges. They're both really hard in their own ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you've watched someone suffer and die, you'd know what I mean.  Not comparing, just pointing out that life is precious and money isn't everything. 

Quoting nerdymom28:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Only people WITH money say that money isn't everything.  Give me a break.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)