Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Would You Tell?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My friend is a single mom with a 5 yr.

She just went through a messy 2 year divorce and has full custody. Ex Hubby views visitaion as babysitting.

She had been dating a new guy who seemed pretty nice and they were planning on moving in as he was expecting to get custody if his child from a previous relationship. They each have own place.

He wanted her to quit her job, stay home or go to school,  buy her  car as he didnt like her high milage on her truck, change everything. He would then have control of all aspects of her life. (Scared me) They were moving fast.

Right before they were suppose to move in he "wigged out" and said it did not look like he was getting custody and may have to move out of state to be closer to child was not getting the house. First bump in road and He fell apart and got verbally MEAN when it did not go his way

So my DF said well looks like I will cancel all the things scheduled and just stay in my place until you figure out whats going on. He was like fine I guess its over then? Really weird. No fight. She was at work. He cancelled the house and broke up with her and called her a bunch of names.

What was he expecting her to quit job, give up her place and move in with him and his roommate?No questions asked?

Well DF just found out she is expecting.

She is planning on just moving on without him since he walked out over nothing and refused to talk. His behavior was so controlling she is afraid of him and thinks she went to far to fast with him and their is a mental issue. She is a good mom, and I worry about the future drama if she does tell. Almost view it like a one night stand in a way.

Would you tell him if you were her?

UPDATE: He has blocked her # and on Facebook after he opened up dialouge via TEXT. He got mad when he did not get the reply he wanted again. What he wants her to say is still a mystery. 

He has been driving by the restaurant where she works often. They have a mutual friend that works that said he has been chatty with his ex that was in town dropping the kido off to him. She wants to move on but with him driving obviously by her work several times a day she is getting nervous. He even told the co worker/ friend that he thinks he got her pregant and since they used protection, she now wonders if he did something to make it fail on purpose now that he had said that. She feels a bit like she is being stalked. I am scared for her and her DD.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't say a word.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say anything either. Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who is about to enter a custody battle with a controlling, abusive, and manipulative man who is not able to love his son or wife, I would keep very, very quiet... Just float away, my dear, like nothing has happened! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Yes.  I guess I would have to say yes. My perspective comes from:  My friends, Kim and Jason, just had a baby.  Kim lives with her fiance, Chris, who pays for everything and got the down for their house from his Aunt.  Chris is gone all week on business.  During the week, we all pretend everything is normal and Kim, Jason, and Kaden are a family.  Then on weekends, we pretend Chris, Kim and Kaden are a family.  No one is on the birth certificate and both men think they are Kaden's father!!  Craziness....

Taylor94
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Wow. That is crazy! Who is the baby's real father?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes.  I guess I would have to say yes. My perspective comes from:  My friends, Kim and Jason, just had a baby.  Kim lives with her fiance, Chris, who pays for everything and got the down for their house from his Aunt.  Chris is gone all week on business.  During the week, we all pretend everything is normal and Kim, Jason, and Kaden are a family.  Then on weekends, we pretend Chris, Kim and Kaden are a family.  No one is on the birth certificate and both men think they are Kaden's father!!  Craziness....

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I would not tell him but I would talk to about and made sure she tells
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM
I would not tell him but I would talk to about and made sure she tells
sharynat
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Quoting Taylor94:

Wow. That is crazy! Who is the baby's real father?

Quoting Anonymous:

The baby, Kaden, is Jason's.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hell no! Unless you want to turn into his forever bitch or wind up in a cold case. That dude is insane

TheMaddHatress
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 3:23 AM
NO! I wish my ex had never known I was pregnant the things he almost did to my children to get to me, haunts me to this day. So no, he can live without knowing and she can live without him knowing. And the child will be just fine without that level of crazy in their life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Its not my place to tell. She will have to live with her decision. All secrets come out in the end. I am not sure I disagree with her decision at this point. She can stress free pregnancy and time make a informed vs rushed decisions over little one future.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)