Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Is it really ok? opinions please... VENT...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM
  • 404 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you think it's ok to kiss your child (any age) on the lips? Why, Why not?

One of my facebook friends posted a pic of her kissing both her kids(under age five) on the lips. I know it was ment in love or whatever right, but it still looks totally wrong to me because imo you only kiss your lover(BF, GF, DH, ect...) on the lips not your kids...

So what is your ladies opinions?

Granted I'm probably not going to do anything about this not much i can do since it's not against the law or whatever... but I think it's wrong was wanting opinions... Any thoughts?

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:14 PM
24 moms liked this
I do it all the times I don't think it's wrong
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I do it all the times I don't think it's wrong

oh wow. EWWW! Why do you not think it's wrong? I don't get it. Please inlighten me my dear...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I don't think it's nasty or wrong but that's just me I only do it til there toddlers.

Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

oh wow. EWWW! Why do you not think it's wrong? I don't get it. Please inlighten me my dear...

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think it's nasty or wrong but that's just me I only do it til there toddlers.
Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

wow, that's it? just, I dont' think it's gross... no reasoning behind it... nothing that makes it ok or not ok... wow... Well then thanks for the reply or whatever...

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:24 PM
140 moms liked this

They are under 5, get over yourself there is NOTHING wrong with it and why the hell would you think it's worth reporting? 

I kiss my daughter on the lips all the time and she is 6, it's not like we shove our tounges down her throat.... it's a peck on the lips.

It's called affection, and the way you kiss your kids vs how you kiss your husband/partner are different and if you cannot personally differeniate that I pity you

It is completely wrong that your bashing people who do it and saying "ewwww please enlighten me". If you don't like it, don't look.... don't bash people for loving their kids enough to show affection. 

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this
At that young I see nothing wrong with it now if they were teenagers then yeah that would b a little odd
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

They are under 5, get over yourself there is NOTHING wrong with it and why the hell would you think it's worth reporting? 

I kiss my daughter on the lips all the time and she is 6, it's not like we shove our tounges down her throat.... it's a peck on the lips.

It's called affection, and the way you kiss your kids vs how you kiss your husband/partner are different and if you cannot personally differeniate that I pity you

It is completely wrong that your bashing people who do it and saying "ewwww please enlighten me". If you don't like it, don't look.... don't bash people for loving their kids enough to show affection. 

OMG! wow... I'm just saying that I think it's wrong after being an adult and kissing DH and what not that it feels wrong to me to kiss my kids on the lips and that it looks wrong to me when other do it and that i'd like to understand why it's ok to kiss your kids on the lips... JFC! WTH

TheCupcakeMom
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM
53 moms liked this

I would like to understand why someone thinks it is NOT okay or thinks it's appropriate to respond "ewwww" to people who do it. People shouldn't need to answer to you and defend/explain why they kiss their own kids. 

I think your reaction to it is immature, if you don't want to kiss your kids on the lips then fine... but do not put other people down who show emotion to their children in a completely appropriate manner and try to make it out like it's something that is dirty. Again, you should learn the difference and you'll get an answer to why it's "ok to kiss your kids on the lips"

Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

Quoting TheCupcakeMom:

OMG! wow... I'm just saying that I think it's wrong after being an adult and kissing DH and what not that it feels wrong to me to kiss my kids on the lips and that it looks wrong to me when other do it and that i'd like to understand why it's ok to kiss your kids on the lips... JFC! WTH

3xangel
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:41 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes, it's ok. If you don't like it, don't do it.
TadpoleMomma
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Personally, I dont think highly of it. My kids ewill always have cheek kisses. But, thats my personal opinion. 

My hubby's nephew(1) gets kissed on the lips and he always goes for my lips for kisses. I always kiss his cheek though. 

I dont care how other parents show affection to their kids, as long as, ya know, its appropriate. Lips are fine if thats what you want. Just not my thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)